30 day shred

Options

Replies

• Btmartin54
    Btmartin54 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 also :-) Really motivated and want to complete it and I can see results, my stomach feels flatter. Only demotivating factor is that when I get on the scales I have actually put on weight; about 4lbs. I am also restricting my calories to the recommended amount for my height / weight etc. I think I have lost inches but I really wanted to lose weight aswell. Anyone got any ideas?
    [/quote]

This is my second time doing 30 DS...I gained a few pounds both times I started,but they fell off quickly. Don't focus so much on the scale...the inches you are losing is fat. Good luck, and have fun with it. Jillian is awesome!
    [/quote]

Thanks for the posting! I'm also tracking my calories and didn't understand why I gain 2lbs after a few days. I'm so sore all over!
  • yawnoc_a
    yawnoc_a Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm beginning today... I've tried to do it a few times and haven't ever lasted more than a few days, this time I will stick to it! I want to see the results that I've seen others get, I want to lose those inches! So after this post, I will load up the dvd and begin my journey :) wish me luck!
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I will start today too, for the second time. Just got over a broken ankle - believe it or not stress fracture doing ripped in 30.
    Anyway just an FYI - you never have to move off level 1 if you are not ready. Do what you can do. Level 1 is an intense workout. Jillian even says, stay here if you can't move on successfully! Also, Target is selling it for $9, no shipping, no waiting!
  • hanneberries
    hanneberries Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be starting today!

I don't have any weights, but I figure I can find a couple of bottles to use, or something of the sort.
  • amv1023
    amv1023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    today is day 5 for me :) it is so much easier now and i feel great! also the reults are quick! i can see a change already!

I am on day 5 also :-) Really motivated and want to complete it and I can see results, my stomach feels flatter. Only demotivating factor is that when I get on the scales I have actually put on weight; about 4lbs. I am also restricting my calories to the recommended amount for my height / weight etc. I think I have lost inches but I really wanted to lose weight aswell. Anyone got any ideas?

Make sure you take measurements and before/after pictures. You will be amazed at the difference in your shape, even when the scale says otherwise. I didn't lose much weight-wise, but I lost alot of inches...I had to buy smaller workout clothes by level 2 because my pants fell down! Don't let the scale tell your tale, no one knows what that number is but you but everyone can see the difference in your shape :)
  • reeseykups
    reeseykups Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Restarting level2; day 1. Took a break but need to get back to it.
  • babycakesjen
    Options
    today is day 5 for me :) it is so much easier now and i feel great! also the reults are quick! i can see a change already!

Make sure you take measurements and before/after pictures. You will be amazed at the difference in your shape, even when the scale says otherwise. I didn't lose much weight-wise, but I lost alot of inches...I had to buy smaller workout clothes by level 2 because my pants fell down! Don't let the scale tell your tale, no one knows what that number is but you but everyone can see the difference in your shape :)

I agree. I've noticed more inches and timing so far then weight loss
    Bodies changed a lot And i just finished day 21
    Although I'd love to see weight loss I'm not discouraged lol
  • ashkinlaw
    ashkinlaw Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Starting level two today! If I don't post in the next day or so, Jillian has killed me. Hahah.
  • Speazzy
    Speazzy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I got mine at WalMart for under $10 - Amazon and Ebay have it as well.

I will be starting it tomorrow, I have to go get a mat...hardwood floor is not nice to your body!!
  • SF2514
    SF2514 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 3 feeling great =D
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    day 3 for me.
    my thighs are killing me.
  • madeleinedun11
    Options
    Inspired! Have purchased and ready to begin ready to make myself my Thailand body! :)

Anyone got anything negative to say about it? Or anything I should look out for?
  • MrsRando
    MrsRando Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I just ordered this from Amazon last week and expect to get it on Wednesday. Can anyone tell me what lbs weights she is using? I have a set of 8lbs and wonder if that is too heavy for what Jillian is doing?
  • karenlouisep
    Options
    can i ask are people doing 30 days straight or taking odd days break ?
    i done day 2 today and thighs are in agony, i so wish i lived in a bungalow as stairs are hell.
  • melgoe
    melgoe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have this at home and I think I started Day 1 a year ago and didn't go back. I'm encouraged to see that a lot of people said the sickness went away after day 4 or 5!
  • Blaqheart
    Blaqheart Posts: 235
    Options
    Can you gain muscle from this or does it just help with weightloss? I don't need to lose I'm trying to gain, but I also want more muscle. I am working out at gym 3 x week in 30 min circuit room at Planet Fitness, but I need something when I'm not using the weight machines. I've been working out one month now.
  • TaxGirlxo
    TaxGirlxo Posts: 27
    Options
    I just ordered this from Amazon last week and expect to get it on Wednesday. Can anyone tell me what lbs weights she is using? I have a set of 8lbs and wonder if that is too heavy for what Jillian is doing?

8 lb weights would have been too heavy for me, but I'm just beginning any kind of strength training. For the harder moves, I start out with 3 lb weights and make it my goal to move up to 5 lbs by day 5 of any given level. Weights are cheap, so I would have a few on hand to use as you feel necessary.
  • TaxGirlxo
    TaxGirlxo Posts: 27
    Options
    Can you gain muscle from this or does it just help with weightloss? I don't need to lose I'm trying to gain, but I also want more muscle. I am working out at gym 3 x week in 30 min circuit room at Planet Fitness, but I need something when I'm not using the weight machines. I've been working out one month now.

I have definitely gained muscle. Before the end of level 1, I could tell a difference in my legs, back, and arms - a lot firmer.
  • bmmelvin
    bmmelvin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I did day 21 today and it was tough. Traveling pushups were invented by the devil himself! While level 2 has a lot of planks, level 3 seems to have more jumping. I have nightmares with Jillian saying "I want you to feel like you're going to die" lol

I haven't taken any measurements, but it's obvious to me my body is losing inches of fat and gaining muscles. I look so much more toned and I'm losing about 1.5-2lbs/week. Keep it up everyone, it will pay off!
  • bubsyh
    bubsyh Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym 3-4 times a week. Is it sensible to do this (I was thinking before work every morning) and keep up gym 3-4 times a week