HELP!!!! Picky bf..

Options

Replies

• LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Do what I do with my kids.

THIS IS WHAT WE ARE EATING TONITE. Dont like it, Dont eat it.
  • LeeLynnP
    LeeLynnP Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    my husband and i prepare our own meals... because of this. the only downside is having his junk in the house...
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Don't treat him like a spoiled kid, if he doesn't want to eat veggies than oh too bad.

Completely agreed.
  • Matthewgd24
    Options
    i say to split while you can
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    My husband hardly ate any veggies or salad when we first moved into together but I just kept putting them on his plate and now he eats pretty much any veggie. He needs to grow up and realise veggies can be nice as well as being good for you!

What kind of 'man' is picky?

Tell him to grow up.
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    My husband is picky in general (he will eat some veggies), so when I look for new recipes, I try to find things that accomodate both of our preferences. If I'm making a casserole, I'll omit what he doesn't like if it doesn't mess with the integrity of the dish. Or he just picks it out. If it's a meat, side dish, veggie meal, he'll just put what he likes on his plate and leave the rest. It is possible to find middle ground. And sometimes, when I'm really craving something that I know he won't eat, he makes his own dinner that night.

One thing that makes veggies taste better is to roast them. It's amazing how much better something tastes with a little char on it.
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    My husband is picky about veggies. He will eat salad. You can try broccoli with cheese sauce (you could leave the cheese sauce off for yourself), roasted carrots (mix baby carrots with olive oil, kosher salt, minced garlic and bake at 400 until carrots get soft), and mashed cauliflower.
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    This is what I tell my husband and kids....if you dont like it then dont eat it! if he doesnt like what you make then let him make his own. Im sure he is capable of making his own food.
  • alord426
    alord426 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    my husband and i prepare our own meals... because of this. the only downside is having his junk in the house...

Me and my fiance do the same thing!! But I agree with what everyone else says, let him prepare his own meals and buy his own food so you can stay on track and worry about yourself!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    If you're planning to live with this guy you should have some idea of things you are both willing to eat. If he doesn't want veggies, just make a portion for yourself. Just try not to go too out of the way, since he'll have to compromise too. I'm sure he's capable of making a sandwich if he doesn't want to eat the same thing you do. :tongue:
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Just give him a taco, he'll be happy.

What he said ^^^^ that and let him cook for himself he cooked when he lived alone or did someone else cook for him then too
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    If I cook him a meal I just put something else on his plate :) but i'm a chef and he just eats what i cook at work tbh it's not difficult to adapt you just might have to make separate things !
  • Nikkiham520
    Nikkiham520 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Meat, veggie, carb. If he doesn't want the veggie, so what?? Spaghetti, salad. If he doesn't eat the salad, It dsoesn't hurt anyone. I have been married to a picky eater for 12 years. I don't care what he eats. If you cater to him now, you always will!!
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Hrm... if he's that picky, he should cook for himself.

this.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Eh. It's not that big of a deal. Just make yourself some extra veggies when you cook dinner. He is a grown man. If he does not want to eat them don't force him. I am sure there are things you don't like?
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend claims to not like veggies too, but I cook dinner every night, and it always includes vegges! -- check out my blog for ideas - marysforkandspoon.blogspot.com
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    don't change your habits for him...cook something for you and he can cook his own :)
  • mflinchb
    mflinchb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As a fairly picky eater myself, I know what it's like. My BF will eat just about anything and will try just about anything once. I on the other hand, didn't eat salad/green things until about 5 years ago. I used to think I was getting a good source of veggies between my corn on the cob and my baked potatoes. I've become better about eating veggies, but there are somethings I'm still hesitant to eat- raw broccoli and cauliflower? Not my thing. Here's a recipe for some really good turkey burgers that have zucchini in them from skinytaste.com
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/05/turkey-burgers-with-zucchini.html

Just get a cheese grater and grate the zucchini up thin. It bulks up your burgers and doesn't taste like anything. I added a few tbsp Worcestershire sauce to them!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Hrm... if he's that picky, he should cook for himself.

This!
  • LNPurdie
    LNPurdie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My husband is also a very picky. If I ask him first he will always says peas, no thank you to salad. I do bear in mind he is not a veggie person and so I fix myself a big salad, or a veggie based main. He gets a portion as his side dish. I slip extra veggies in his steak and noodle stir fry, 1/2 a green pepper and some salad onions compliment his starch/meat diet. Slowly over 5 years I find he eats more and more of his "side portions".

Recently, I reduced my portions to a 1/3 of the starch he does. I have never been a big meat-eater, and will skip the meat main all together if its beef or lamb. Substitute my main with poached fish, etc.

The point is you can eat complimenting meals, you do not have to eat the same?

Examples:
    I am having a spinach salad with grilled chicken and strawberries.
    He gets a small side spinach salad, he leaves the strawberries on the plate and I give him a big breast grilled instead of mine chopped over the salad.
    He has a Jacket Potato, a no fuss starch.

If we have Spaghetti
    I eat a big salad and small portion
    He eats small salad bigger portion....

I love him and I am glad he is eating veggies more now that we are married. I haven't managed to get him on any fruit yet, but I am working on it. :) What I am saying is make your main his side dish.

I don't buy into this advise tell him to cook for himself, nor the advise that a good match is indicated by liking the same foods. My husband is my best friend and he does laundry and the bank account, I do the kitchen. It is now how our marriage works. I hate laundry!

I love my husband and I am glad he is slowly eating more adventurous. He doesn't pester me to give up fish and start eating sausages and steaks, or black pudding! I still hate Christmas cake, and don't get dark beer. Just make sure you are cooking something you both like and then yen/yang balances the portions.

Oh and if I am having a "weak" day, he orders take away for himself. It works.