friut diet????? any thoughts

Options
natzkj
natzkj Posts: 127 Member
What do people think of fruit diets? I no bodybuilders do this 2 strip fat. What do people think about this? I was thinking about doin this one day every week? Would this be a good idea or not as I no fruit contains a lot of suger x

Replies

• MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Never heard of this before. What would you be hoping to achieve?

I prefer the idea of eating a balanced diet throughout the week but maybe there is a good reason for only eating fruit one day a week.
  • dsegel
    dsegel Posts: 5
    Options
    LOTS of sugar in fruit. Not a good thing, IMO.
  • sassybellex
    Options
    i would stick to veggies and lean meats all days of the week.
    add some fruit and berries but a day with just fruit sounds like a bad idea...
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I don't think it sounds like a good idea either!
  • Karishma1996
    Options
    full of carbs and sugar
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    just the thought of that makes my stomach hurt..
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I have friends who are competitive bodybuilders and none of them have ever done a fruit diet, not even for a day. When they want rapid fat loss they stick to chicken, egg whites, green beans and broccoli.
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    A detox diet will often be 3 fruit only days. However the higher sugar fruits are usually advised to be avoided ie Bananas. There is nothing wrong with eating fruit..and people are far too quick to knock it. As part of a balanced diet it is an excellent source of vitamins & fibre. A fruit only day would not overburden your system with either sugar or carbs especially if you stick to the one fruit rule that hospitals sometimes use to reduce intake..ie only apples or only oranges etc..that makes it self limiting in calories because believe me its hard to eat too many apples if thats all you can eat. If you like fruit & it helps you reduce your overall calorie intake then why not.
  • hellen72
    hellen72 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    There is a diet called the 80/10/10 diet which is based on fruit with some veg and nuts and seeds. There is a book about the diet think it is on a amazon
    Also have a look at a website called 30bananasaday which is for people who follow that diet
    I would love to beable to do that.
    The book is v good and will explain why a lot of the stuff we eat is bad and also why a fruit based diet is the best
  • balancedhealth
    Options
    No. Too much sugar/carb. You need a to stick with high protein and veggies with some healthy fat (keeps you satiated and keeps your insulin from spiking) and lots of water. Think of fruit like dessert, limit quantities.
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I remember doing something like this years ago when I still believed in following " diets". I remember it was fruit alternating with whey protein. I think I ate like every other hour. I only made it 1 day. If I would have gone longer I would have eaten my own arm. never again will I follow some diet I find in a magazine. I will just eat healthy things I can live with for life. I read something in a post earlier I liked I don't remember quote exactly but it was something like- crash diet is losing weight temporarily to gain back later. I agree. I will look for that post if I find it I will quote it. here is the quote I found in post on raspberry ketones by morebean13
    " 3) Why do people want to "lose weight quickly"??? It might as well be worded "lose weight temporarily while on the road to gaining body fat""
  • natzkj
    natzkj Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks for th advice, it has helped