What is your body fat percentage?

Options
i used this: http://exercise.about.com/library/blbodyfatcalculator.htm
and got 12.4% it's an estimate and theres no way i'm that skinny i was wondering what percents you guys were to give me a ball park?

Replies

• loztredders
    loztredders Posts: 142
    Options
    mine is about 24% according to an online calculator that had me take certain measurements, probably not very accurate - I think it's probably a little higher to be honest.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    30.7% according to that calculator, but I got 26.4% using a different one on a different website. It's probably closer to 30%.
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Mine is 37.4 so Im WAY over. I had a Body Metrix report done at CrossFit. It was only 20 dollars.
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    13.3% from an online 4 point tape measurement calculator, I have had sub 10% with callipers but not sure how accurrate I am with them, as if I am sub 10% my abs, etc should be showing more clearly, so I guess 13% is about right :(

Russ
  • emptyplate
    emptyplate Posts: 62
    Options
    Thanks, i was just wondering how accurate this was. i mean obiovusly it isn't going to be the same as a proper exmaination with those 'c' things but yeah
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew! I have used a few of the online calculators and have had results ranging from around 24% down to 19%. If anyone can tell me how to get a reasonably accurate result I would be grateful.
  • JoLo27
    JoLo27 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    The online calculator says 28.4% but my bathroom scales say 33%.

I'd be happier if the online calculator was right! How can I find out for sure?

I'm 167cm tall and weigh 134lbs but am very "soft"!
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I think I'm under 20% body fat.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    My home scales work out your body fat and last week mine was 32% when i was weighing 137lbs
    x
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Using the calculator in your link I'm 16.7%. On another calculator I am 24.5% and another has be at 18.8% so who knows??!
  • lemasney
    lemasney Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    and got 12.4% it's an estimate and theres no way i'm that skinny i was wondering what percents you guys were to give me a ball park?

I use a impedance scale (fitbit aria) and mine is currently 27%, and it is consistent. I'm aiming for 17%, but it slow going -- much slower than my weight. I lose about 1/2 percent a month.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    38.5% According to the machine at the gym.

42.9% According to the link you posted

So no idea really :ohwell: Think I will go by the one at the gym. I will use it once a month from now on and see what happens.
  • Tara_Janel
    Tara_Janel Posts: 48
    Options
    29.1% that seems high though.
  • emptyplate
    emptyplate Posts: 62
    Options
    Yeah they are all different. I don't think mine can be that low yet i did another and it had mine as 24 point something percent which is literally double. i have no idea which is right
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    24% apparently. I used to care about all those numbers :P
  • alp1990
    alp1990 Posts: 56
    Options
    Yours all seem quite low... I'm 5ft5, I weighed myself using a friends fancy scales a few years back when I was around 180lbs and had 40% body fat. I'm only 5 lbs lighter at the moment so I don't imagine its dropped that low. I would say invest in something that can actually measure your body fat percentage and not the online calculators?
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options

I use a impedance scale (fitbit aria) and mine is currently 27%, and it is consistent. I'm aiming for 17%, but it slow going -- much slower than my weight. I lose about 1/2 percent a month.

How good is the fitbit aria? I have the fitbit.

My personal trainer does my body fat % and I'm currently at 22.95. My goal is to be at 20 and I was at 30%. i wish I had taken my measurements before I started to lose weight.

good luck!
  • LittleTrish
    LittleTrish Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Im at 32.6% so way over, Im supposed to be around 20-25% to be in the healthy range :(
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    My scale said 17.6% this morning. However, my wife's scale usually shows higher. Both calculate %body fat and BMI from the impedence to an electrical potential (you have to be bare footed to make electrical contact).

Thus, not really sure what my %body fat is, but it has been going down with my weight from the same scale, so at least it is internally consistent.

I'm getting close to not being able to find any of that jiggly stuff around my middle....and my weight (relative to High School graduation) is equivalent now. So I guess somewhere around 17% or slightly more is my target. It's been 2.5 years getting to this point.