Who is that fat lady in the mirror - OMG it is ME! HELP!

Options
Took a really good look at myself and I am so disgusted. Lost 60 lbs a few years ago and gained back every single one of them. I really hate to see my self in the mirror, reflections and worse of all in pictures. My daughter is getting married next year and I really want to take the weight off so I'm not hiding from the cameras! I could use some friends for support, please add me as a friend and we'll take this battle on together.

Replies

• Reddak98
    Reddak98 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey WreckedRedhead, you may be wrecked but you are not totaled. You can achieve your goal. Lots of good people here who will help. Friends are important for help and support. Wishing you the best with your journey.
  • theesfield
    theesfield Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    well, you have come to the right place! Support abound here! Take it all in small steps and most of all, have patience.
  • rocketass99
    rocketass99 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Your right we can do this together. Feel free to fire d me.
  • Glamorous_RN
    Glamorous_RN Posts: 204
    Options
    add me! i'll help you on your journey! :-) i know you can do it! :-)
  • dhiannon
    dhiannon Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    We're all here to support each other so if you would like add me.

I too have that bloody mirror showing me what I dont want to see but I also know the only way thats going to change is if we do it ourselves, nobody else. It's hard work but the reward is so worth it.
    Please dont feel hopeless, it takes a wake up call like this to put us on the right path. I know, that was my mirror not to long ago and its slowly getting better. :)

I wish you luck knowing you can do it. :)
  • Milette812
    Milette812 Posts: 32
    Options
    You can friend me too! I'm full of support! I need it too! We all do!
  • CazzieH
    CazzieH Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can friend me also, I'm new just a few days and can use support and offer it also! :happy:
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    adding you. best advice here is have patience!
  • bigjax1
    bigjax1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I looked in the mirror .... welll it jumped out at me and went HA ... I looked and saw some old fat woman..... worse I saw my mother

freind request sent

you will do this...
  • MzBeckie
    MzBeckie Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You can add me too if you wish. :) We all need support in our weight loss journey.
  • McTootie
    McTootie Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi, I'm a newbie. I joined about 20 mins ago. You can do it. I can do it WE WILLLLLL DO IT.
    I've set my goal to loose 77lbs but I could do will loosing about another 50/60lbs on top of that. But I figure 1 goal at a time. I'm 40 soon and I figure it's time to kick some butt. I've lost 6 stone previously and yep you guessed it put it all back on. But I'm determined to DO IT this time and to KEEP IT OFF.

There's a great quote "Don't dream it, Be it"

If you need a buddy then please add me :)

The BEST OF LUCK.
  • dietingqueen
    Options
    I have just this minute joined so will add you ,you can be my first friend :) Anyone else feel free to add me I need so much help :)
  • garfield2099
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as well - I am on everyday and will cheer when you need and help encourage if you have tough times!!! Welcome!!!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hi there !

Don't be disgusted ...... BE DETERMINED ...... and say to yourself:

- I love myself & deserve the best this world has to offer !

- I love & approve of myself just the way I am ...... and know I can be even better !

Happy losing !
  • wreckedredhead60
    wreckedredhead60 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow, I forgot about this post since I usually use my iPhone and can't get to the forums from it. I appreciate all the motivational words and am going to add all of you as friends - looking forward to this journey together.
  • DonnaCW
    DonnaCW Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You got it! I need help too...lets help each other!:happy:
  • Moviedust
    Moviedust Posts: 110
    Options
    You can do it!! I lost about 20lbs 2 years or so ago and then by last year I gained it ALL back (plus a little more) as of now I've lost 30lbs (so 10 lbs more than I did a few years ago). I know how depressing it was to gain it all back and I am definitely motivated not to get there again (barring if I get pregnant of course, lol)
  • FungusTrooper
    FungusTrooper Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Having people to be accountable to, even unknown people online, can be a big help!
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Supportive friends make all the difference. Feel free to add me!
  • bonia624
    bonia624 Posts: 26
    Options
    You came to the right place!!!! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you!!