HIIT warning

Options
arc918
arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
We all know the benefits of HIIT and the awesome afterburn. But there is a dark and dangerous side to HIIT.

My friend's neighbor's cousin's workout partner did HIIT for four days in a row and he burned so many calories he actually disappeared! All that was left was a pile teeth, gold chains and workout gear.

You've been warned...

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Eeeks.. I guess 3 days in a row is safe then? But four and you're a goner!?
  • mlwatts2
    mlwatts2 Posts: 247
    Options
    WOW thanks for the warning! Will definitely use caution in the future!
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options

Depends on your BMR.
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'll just stick to walking to my mailbox and back and logging that as my cardio for the day. If I do that every day, I'll lose weight, right??

WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NO?!
  • wendyjo3
    wendyjo3 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

Depends on your BMR.

^LOL
  • arc918
    Options
    I'll just stick to walking to my mailbox and back and logging that as my cardio for the day. If I do that every day, I'll lose weight, right??

WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NO?!

Just be sure to wear a Camelback full of Gatorade to stay well hydrated...
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options

WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NO?!
    I probably would, my mailbox is 2 miles away.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NO?!

& don't forget to carb load the day before and carry a supply of energy gels....
  • MizSaz
    Options

WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NO?!

But doesn't that weight a lot? I want to get toned, but I don't want to bulk up.
  • arc918
    Options

WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NO?!

But doesn't that weight a lot? I want to get toned, but I don't want to bulk up.

You're right, you best hire a caddy to carry your Gatorade...
  • MizSaz
    Options

WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NO?!

You're right, you best hired a caddy to carry your Gatorade...

It's actually frightening to me to think of how many people got to the part about the caddy before they realized this was not serious....
  • arc918
    Options

WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NO?!

You're right, you best hired a caddy to carry your Gatorade...

It's actually frightening to me to think of how many people got to the part about the caddy before they realized this was not serious....

100% serious...
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    often after arguing with my wife i do a hiit and yea it causes me to disappear into thin air. gets me out of trouble every time
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I tripped doing HIIT and smashed my head open, now I'm a robot.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warning!

Normally I would take your advice and take the dreaded 4th off but I made the mistake of touching one of the dumbbells in the free weight section of my gym and now a week later I'm too bulky! So I'm gonna go ahead and do that 4th day in hopes of returning to being toned..
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! I'm going to play it safe then, and just sit home and drink beer!
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Can I log all the laughing this thread made me do as cardio for the day... Or maybe an ab workout?
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    He should have eaten more protein. And eaten back his exercise calories. And not worn make-up to the gym.
  • NuevaNatalia
    NuevaNatalia Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    BAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I just finished a HIIT workout and this brightened my day.
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warning!

Normally I would take your advice and take the dreaded 4th off but I made the mistake of touching one of the dumbbells in the free weight section of my gym and now a week later I'm too bulky! So I'm gonna go ahead and do that 4th day in hopes of returning to being toned..

Do your it after 7 PM. That will make you lose the bulk and be toned again. Not 6:59 PM, though. 7 PM sharp!