new and struggling

Options
I'm in transition back to my home state and I have looked into gym memberships. I am excited about the gym I've chose but i want to get the ball rolling already. I walk every morning and go to the gym which i love the exercise aspect of achieving my nutrional goals. I need help with the nutrion and the food and the eating. I need support and i feel im in the right place!!! I look forward to all the tools and advice

Replies

• kmhbabe2012
    Options
    I agree that the nutrition part is always the hardest, but I know you can do this. I just started this program this week also....I would love to help you in your journey.....Best wishes to you!
  • BeautifulBetsy
    BeautifulBetsy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I joined this site only a month or so ago. It's awesome, and really helps yo hold yourself accountable. I hate logging stuff like mayo, or ketrchup but whatever goes in counts! Good luck, it's pretty hard to at first to count calories and kind of depressing.
  • findingme07
    findingme07 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Friends = motivation. I just started MFP 15 days ago and I think it keeps me accountable to my food and exercise choices--I love it!
  • wigginsash
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is wonderful once you get the hang of it. The logging of the food is so easy if you use the scanning feature. I've been using MFP since April 2011. Every now and then I forget to finish my log for the day but without this I would be lost. It's literally my lifeline to achieving my goal. Stay focused and all will be good.
  • pallypunch
    pallypunch Posts: 28
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined a couple of weeks ago- and so far MFP has been a tremendous help! People are very positive here and the tracking tools are easy to use. All the best to you!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Just plain walking seems to have the biggest impact on weight loss. The elyptical machine at the gym is good too, but that can get really boring. I just bought a bike, and I intend to wear it out on all the bike paths around Los Angeles.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    The easiest food rule I can give? Make half of your plate non-starchy veggies. Most of us aren't eating anywhere near enough produce, and this is a good way to start.

I also like to keep any temptations I can't control myself around out of the house. I can polish off 10 oreos in 10 minutes, but a chocolate bar can stick around for weeks before I finish it. So I buy chocolate bars, and skip the oreos. :D