Heart Rate Monitor Recommendation

Options
Hi,

I just today got a fitbit and would like to add a HRM as well. Is there one that syncs up with MFP as slick as the fitbit? I also use Endomondo.

Thanks

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just today got a fitbit and would like to add a HRM as well. Is there one that syncs up with MFP as slick as the fitbit? I also use Endomondo.

Thanks

Heart rate monitors don't sync the same way. I have the Polar FT7 and like it.
  • yelpat
    yelpat Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I too have the Polar FT7; really like it :)
  • penquin927
    penquin927 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar Nike+ Heartrate monitor. Just recently got it since my previous Polar F11 HRM did not sync with my Nike+GPS Sportswatch. So yep I am on my second HRM with Polar. Love them.
  • tinkbell371
    Options
    i bought the polar T31 about 3 weeks ago, it does its job and is easy to use for a novice like me :-)
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT7.
  • 21ReasonsWhy
    Options
    I have the Polar Nike+ and love it. I get a really accurate calorie burn readout because the Nike+ site allows you to input your gender, age, height and weight to calculate and while it doesn't sync with MFP at all but I find that transferring over a workout from Nike+ to here is pretty simple and takes me all of a minute.
  • Ahanaz
    Ahanaz Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I got FitBit too!!! Love it! I will wait with an HRM though. Where I am now, an estimate should be enough to get a nice smooth start. For me the most important part is to not eat those 3200cals I used to.
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Polar FT4
  • azcout
    azcout Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses. So if I go with the Polar H7 and pair it with Endomondo on my iPhone will I be able to program it for finess zones and have it alert me if I am working in my fat burning zone with audio so I don't have to constantly look at it?
  • kinghavok
    kinghavok Posts: 104
    Options
    I have the fitbit and the FT7,
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses. So if I go with the Polar H7 and pair it with Endomondo on my iPhone will I be able to program it for finess zones and have it alert me if I am working in my fat burning zone with audio so I don't have to constantly look at it?

I use the H7 with my iPhone, but I use the Digifit app. I switched from Endomondo in part because the heart rate map wasn't working right for me.

To get Digifit to work with the HRM you have to buy the $2.99 sensor pack, but I like it better than Endomondo (although it lacks the social networking aspect).
  • EmpathyBot
    EmpathyBot Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Just bought a Polar FT60. Can't wait.
  • azcout
    azcout Posts: 13
    Options

I use the H7 with my iPhone, but I use the Digifit app. I switched from Endomondo in part because the heart rate map wasn't working right for me.

To get Digifit to work with the HRM you have to buy the $2.99 sensor pack, but I like it better than Endomondo (although it lacks the social networking aspect).

Thanks for the feedback. The Digifit app certainly looks interesting. Wish there was a way to import workout from Endomondo. Hate to start over and lose everything. Don't see it though
  • jasonheyd
    Options
    Yeah, that's be nice. I tried Endomondo for a while, then MapMyFitness. Tinkered with a few others before shelling out for Digifit. I just called the earlier history water under the bridge. :)
  • lissrn
    lissrn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT 40!!
  • Flamenquero
    Flamenquero Posts: 132
    Options
    Polar FT7!
  • alphakry
    Options
    is there anyway to sync the FT7 data to your MFP account?

I use the USB FlowLink device to upload my FT7 workouts to polarpersonaltrainer.com
    I'd really love to be able to link that website to this once so that my workouts are automatically added to my MFP log.
  • alphakry
    Options
    otherwise, i guess there's no way to get Polar data onto myfitnesspal automatically?

I find the polar HRM crucial to my workouts, since my gym uses equipment that supports the Polar link and hence, i don't need to constantly keep my hands on the sensors for the cardio machines.

I also own the Nike Fuelband, but that doesn't get my anything from workouts that don't involve a lot of arm movement.
    So it looks like for that purpose, FitBit would work great.

but still, so that i don't look like robocop in the gym with all my gadgets - the ideal situation would be finding a way for the Polar data to be automatically imported into MFP.
  • jasonheyd
    Options
    the ideal situation would be finding a way for the Polar data to be automatically imported into MFP.

The only way I could figure out to do it was to use the Polar H7 and a non-Polar iPhone application (in my case Digifit) linked to Fitbit, and then linked to MFP.

I think you could do the same basic thing using Endomondo linked directly to MFP, but I haven't done that myself since Digifit <-> Fitbit is working for me.