Gonna stop logging excersise I do at work.

Options
Cmandy67
Cmandy67 Posts: 108 Member
I have a very physical job at times and I am going to stop logging the exercise and just eat the 1200 calorie limit and that all. I want to accelerate the weight loss and I think this might help. Does anyone else do this?

Replies

• shodaimetruth
    Options
    i myself have been losing more with a higher calorie intake and tracking my workout calories. How many pounds are you setting to lose a week?
  • jodyw83
    jodyw83 Posts: 38
    Options
    I log it, but I try to eat about 1600 a day. But it gives me an idea of how much extra calories burned I'm gaining
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I have a very physical job at times and I am going to stop logging the exercise and just eat the 1200 calorie limit and that all. I want to accelerate the weight loss and I think this might help. Does anyone else do this?

Anything that is included in your profile activity level should not be included as exercise. If it is something you are doing on top of that level, count it. That being said, you do not necessarily increase your rate of progress by lowering your intake and increasing exercise... Sometimes it can cause "starvation mode" which will affect your rate of metabolism...

YES, I said it... Starvation Mode... Very much an overused phrase but in this case I would be concerned if you are only eating 1200 calories and burning large amounts of calories through either daily or routine activity.
  • Cmandy67
    Cmandy67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My profile is set at sedentary actually, which I am not. And when it was set at lightly active it was still 1200 calories the same as sedentary. Some days are quite sedentary and others are highly active. I set it at sedentary and I was to log my activity at work and workouts, but i wanted to accelerate the weight loss based on what MPF says when I complete my food diary. That is why I decided to not log my daily activity and eat fewer calories.... I know someone in my same job who works the same hours and she shoots for 900 calories a day !!