What name have you given your car? Why?

Options

Replies

• charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    my car's name is "The Chicken". me and my friends also have Moby's "True lies" as it's song! :laugh:
    The main reason is that it is a VW Polo, which has the same pronounce with pollo in Italian that means chicken! So in Greek I call it "The Chicken!"
  • arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    Options
    Mine is Shayla, I named her after my organization sista that sold her to me.
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Rogelio. It was the name of one of the figurines my Filipino teacher had, and since a lot of Filipinos have Corollas around here (way to fit the stereotype, me), that was what popped into my mind first. u__u;;;
  • MarynEve
    MarynEve Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wanda the Honda. Yes.
  • zoegator
    zoegator Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My bright red Beetle has been affectionately named Rosie by a few friends. My theory is that it resembles rosy cheeks, but I've never been told exactly why. haha
  • Nicolette_Karls
    Options
    I have a gray Ford Escape (I don't remember the year). He's my little PJ, short for Poe Jackson. I was addicted to Poe and Michael when I named him...don't judge me!
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    Chugger - cos it struggles up the hills sometimes!
  • shodaimetruth
    Options
    I have an 06 kia optima. I named him Optima Prime. because, well, who doesn't like OPTIMUS PRIME?!
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Aldous: because he is a british rockstar. (Or at least looks like one.)

He is a PT Cruiser.
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Radio Flyer. Because it's a little red wagon. :D
  • sarablueskies
    sarablueskies Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i named my jeep wrangler Rojo...cause he's red!
  • WonderCort
    WonderCort Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Bessie, because she is just large and in charge. A black 3/4 ton Ford Expedition with a lift kit and extra towing package.
  • PaulaAW
    PaulaAW Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Tinie Tempah AKA Audi TT :) love it to bits X
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    My first car was a black '76 Mercury Monarch that earned the name "The Black Chariot of Death". It had a brake problem and you never knew when the brakes were going to work and when they weren't. There were times I'd be coming up to a red light and I'd be pumping the brakes like mad, begging for them to catch. And then they finally would and we'd come screeching to a halt, lol. How that car didn't kill me I'll never know...
  • LivingstonIpresume
    Options
    I sold my Sierra to get out from under the payments when my daughter was born and bought a 1977 f100 from an inlaw to keep me on the road when my wife needed the go cart (2010 fit). I call it the **** box because although I took my inlaws word that it was a good vehicle and would get decent gas mileage for it's age it has not. To date I've had a new fuel pump and air cleaner installed, had the carburetor and distributor rebuilt, put in a new brain box and the piece of crap still wants to die on me. The current problem is the two barrel carb is a piece and needs replaced, but I just can't see myself wasting anymore money on it then I have to. I'm driving it too and from work two days a week and at 6-7 mpg I'm still getting it's costing me $20 a week to drive it. I said I'd never own a ford and now I wish I would have stuck to my guns
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I haven't named any of my current cars. they just get referred to by their badge... Although one car I call 'the blue car.'

I used to call my old 80s corvette the 'hachi.' Kind of an inside joke with a friend. The car is long gone now.

I had a tacoma I called 'the taco.' Not really a name though. A lot of tacoma owners called their trucks tacos.
  • SmujnZ
    SmujnZ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    BUBBLE cos she's little and green and shaped like a bubble... my last car was "Blueberry" - gorgeous big blue Landrover discovery... mmm I miss Blueberry....
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Heidi, after "The Body" Heidi Klum.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Blue Ford Focus...........Blue Cheezy, lol...husband named it

I laugh everytime he says it, bc it sounds like Snoop Dogg's salad dressing, lol

2011-ford-focus-blue.jpg
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Janet. Because that's her name.