what did you have for dinner last night????

Options
I went to a chinese buffet and had baked,salmon
crab
briwn rice
sauteed veggies
celery/carrot soup
and salad.:happy:

and a good sized portion.

usually i would have went up and got white rice,deep fried sweet'n'nsour chicken.
chinese cookies and desserts.
big plate of general soes and chicken terriyaki.

Replies

• 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    After we got up here to the mountains we went to a restaurant we hadn't been to before. They were offering 30% off on all of their specialties. So I had prime rib (12 oz) for $14 and my wife had trout for $11. Gave her 4 oz of mine. Also came with rice pilaf and mixed veggies. Delicious and on sale at a great price! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Sometimes you just luck out! Snowing, ski area is open, and a great dinner! All in all a great start to the weekend. Hope everyone has just as good a weekend as I'm going to have! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: for the weekend!
  • geicko
    geicko Posts: 151
    Options
    Good choices bikinibrooke123 :smile:

I cooked a Risotto with Peppers and had a side dish of aspargus. With a glass of wine :drinker:

I love this dish !
    http://www.soscuisine.com/en/recipes/view/risotto-with-peppers?sos_l=en
  • jwilson56
    Options
    I had baked COD with mixed vegetables, chicken noodle soup and a salad with very little dressing. It was very low in cals and carbs yet I loved it. And this is from one of our local favorite restaurants.

So often it is hard to find foods to eat out that are not a train wreck for carbs and fats.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    pork cutlet ( not breaded) ...cooked with some garlic
    quinoa
    broccoli and cauliflower
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Dreamfield's pasta with marinara & meatballs, green salad.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    Great recipe I found on prevention.com. I do not "do recipes" typically. I don't necessarily enjoy being in the kitchen BUT, this literally took ten min and was delicious. My hub and kids ate it, enjoyed it and didn't realize it was "healthy".

Turkey Tacos with Avacado-Corn Salsa

http://www.prevention.com/cda/article/turkey-tacos-with-avocado-corn-salsa/c6b7323b0b803110VgnVCM20000012281eac____/nutrition.recipes/power.foods/avocado/0/
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Burritos! Lean meat cooked w/ onions and garlic (and spices), black beans, brown rice, salsa, hot sauce, mushrooms, all of the yummy toppings rolled in a low-carb whole wheat tortilla!! :bigsmile: Leftovers today... yum! :wink:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti Squash :) My favorite. Drizzled a bit of olive oil and a touch of salt, super filling and super good for you.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    A wonderful new recipe for chicken thighs cooked in the crock pot with italian dressing mix, onion and garlic, then adding cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, and cream cheese. I served it over fettuccine with a veggie on the side and got rave reviews from my family. Let me know if you want the recipe!