can somebody give me a 1200 meal example ?

Options
i just had a baby and its hard for e to split my 1200 cal, since i eat 5X a day

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Are you breastfeeding?

Even if you aren't, eat more than 1200. You are going to need it with your baby.

(This is coming from someone who often eats 1200 and is short. You're going to need more.)
  • leighlyn
    leighlyn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    you can add me, and take a look at my diary. :)
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    But since you asked, my 1200 day for today is going to be a fruit and veggie protein powder smoothie for breakfast and dinner, coffee with a low calorie "milk", and some form of veggies and nuts or seeds for lunch.
  • leighlyn
    leighlyn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    oh found excellent Quiche recipe on here.. very yummy cottage cheese eggs(with or without yolk your choice) and choice of veg.. bake in oven:) easy one:)
  • nortiekeeks
    nortiekeeks Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump! :happy:
  • lmais88
    lmais88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    you can also add me, I am on a 1200 calorie diet. I just discovered skinnytaste.com. It has low caloried really yummy food so I am able to eat quite a bit with these recipes and they are sooo good!
  • MaggieMystD
    MaggieMystD Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    do you want an example of 1200 cal for the day or for one meal?? If you want it for one meal, try going to Applebee's, or Chili's, It's way to easy to add up your calories at such places, lol...
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    It says on your profile that you are breastfeeding...please eat more than 1200 calories, your body really needs fuel.
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    Try dividing your calories into the meal sizes that you like, for example:
    Breakfast = 250 (protein shake & banana)
    Snack 1 = 150 (fruit & almonds)
    Lunch = 300 (chicken breast & vegetables)
    Snack 2 = 150 (veggies, hummus, cheese)
    Dinner = 350 (fish, rice, vegetable)
    Total Calories = 1,200

Or change these numbers based on what you enjoy eating at certain times of the day...
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR.
    Your body needs to heal, and if you're breastfeeding, your baby needs to eat.
    Please please please talk to a doctor before going on a diet right now.
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to eat more if you are breastfeeding. Your body burns a lot of calories creating milk, and you need to eat enough (of the right foods) to fuel both yourself and your baby.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Hiya

I am currently sticking with a 1300 calories a day diet, I have learnt to make the most of my calories and try to eat low calorie for breakfast, lunch and my snacks then save quite a lot of calories for my evening meal :)

Stacey x
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hi! If you just had your baby, and are recovering or breast feeding you should be eating more than 1200. That way your baby is getting what it needs and you aren't hurting yourself in the process. You might want to talk to your doctor before going on a diet right now. But if you want a daily plan for 1200 just eat a lot of natural foods, they fill you up and are lower calorie so you can eat more. For a 1200 meal example go to a fast food place and order a few things with a shake on the side. I wouldn't recommend that though. Best of luck!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    1200 is way too low for anyone & more so with breastfeeding moms like you unless you're very short like someone who is below 5ft & with a small framed body. I agree with others, you definitely need to eat more.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    If you are breastfeeding, eating too low will definitely backfire on you....I KNOW!

Plus whats great is you don't even have to eat that low to lose fat!

Take a look at these stickies and maybe this way will be a better fit for you:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3834-eat-more-to-weigh-less
  • merson1983
    Options
    Hi, I am sticking to my 1200 calories per day and my average daily meal plan is something like this:

Breakfast: coffee with semi skimmed milk and low calorie cereal bar(i have never been much of a breakfast eater)
    Lunch: Half a bag of prepared salad leaves, fresh cooked beetroot, 100g of cooked turkey meat and a low calorie dressing/mayo. I also have a bag of 80 calories crisps/rice crackers
    Dinner: Low fat meal such as Chicken jambalaya (400cals) or mexican chicken stew with rice(500cals). You can seach these recipes on bbcgoodfood website. And my partner really enjoys them too which is a good thing!!! We also sometimes have a jacket potato with cream cheese, salad and 1/4 tin of baked beans.

I hope this helps :). And eating something like this means you can have a snack too between if you fancy it-i usually have a piece of fruit.
  • monica4354
    monica4354 Posts: 22
    Options
    You must eat more than 1200 calories a day if you're breastfeeding. You will lose your milk supply if you try to eat that little. Kellymom is an awesome resource for breastfeeding moms. Here is what they have to say about dieting while nursing http://kellymom.com/nutrition/mothers-diet/mom-weightloss/
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    1200 is way too low for anyone & more so with breastfeeding moms like you unless you're very short like someone who is below 5ft & with a small framed body. I agree with others, you definitely need to eat more.

You need to rephrase your comment.

1200 is too low for anybody breastfeeding.

It is NOT too low for many of us who were on 1200 per day and reached our goals.
  • cookiefluff
    cookiefluff Posts: 115
    Options
    I usually eat around 1200-1300 most days and on days I want to boost my metab I eat up to 1500! :) add me to check my diary out!
  • MelissaCYoung
    MelissaCYoung Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding is the best way to loose weight! You will need additional calories to be able to keep yourself healthy along with your baby. Talk to your Dr and find out what is an acceptable diet.....Good luck!