Ways to tone belly... HELP

Options
So my belly has always been my problem area... I really want it toned for my holiday in 3 weeks, or as toned as possible within that short time frame. I only have a few more pounds to lose, its mainly toning my body now.
I have been going to the gym, and I am aware that you can't spot tone, and so I have been doing cardio and working ALL my muscles... just spending more time on my abs than the rest of me only to wake up the next day with every part of my body hurting EXCEPT my abs. What am I doing wrong?
Can anyone recommend any good ab excersises?? With quick results if they exist
I feel I'm doomed to have a flabby belly forever lol!

Replies

• cgray
    cgray Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Do you own an iphone? Try downloading Absolute Abs Also when I need an ab boost I drink extra water. Good luck, I think you're doing everything right. Keep it up.
  • blondiek91
    blondiek91 Posts: 22
    Options
    Yeah I do, Ill download it now and give it a go - thanks :)
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    So my belly has always been my problem area... I really want it toned for my holiday in 3 weeks, or as toned as possible within that short time frame. I only have a few more pounds to lose, its mainly toning my body now.
    I have been going to the gym, and I am aware that you can't spot tone, and so I have been doing cardio and working ALL my muscles... just spending more time on my abs than the rest of me only to wake up the next day with every part of my body hurting EXCEPT my abs. What am I doing wrong?

Lose fat.
  • wood2415
    wood2415 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You have to lower you body fat percentage. Abs are made in the kitchen.
  • blondiek91
    Options

Lose fat.

How do I do that ? Cardio?
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

Lose fat.

How do I do that ? Cardio?

Quite simply, to lose fat you need to burn more calories than you consume.

Diet mostly. But yes, cardio helps burn calories as well.
  • blondiek91
    Options

How do I do thisss? Low fat diet? I'm always under my fat goals on here, do I need to make it even lower? Try and cut out saturated fat all together?
  • lauraashley614
    Options
    Bump
  • nreamon
    nreamon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I struggle too. I just need to tone them because my skin wasnt as tight as it use to be due to my weight changing so often over the last year.. up and down, up and down... its stressful. BUT, one ab exersise you can do it planks. Im usually sore the next day or two if I do it long enough =)
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options

How do I do thisss? Low fat diet? I'm always under my fat goals on here, do I need to make it even lower? Try and cut out saturated fat all together?

No - low fat has little to do with 'lowering fat'

Burn fat by burning more calories than you consume
    The more muscle you have, the lower body fat percentage so lift weights to retain as much muscle as possible
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options

More like Abs are LOST in the kitchen! LOL!
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    As people have said concentrate on cardio to lose fat and try to do 5 or 6 minutes of calisthenics every day. I do between 75 and 100 sit-ups (or leg raises) every morning and between 75 and 100 push-ups, also the plank is good for strengthening your core. Try that every day until your holidays and you should see an improvement.

Good luck, Alan :)
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options

NO!!!! eat all the healthy fat you want!!! ugh...
  • blondiek91
    Options

huh?
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jynus
    Jynus Posts: 519 Member
    Options

huh?

food fat does NOT make you fat. Thats a stupid myth. What makes you fat is eating more food than your body is able to burn. You can get fat eating nothing but veggies for example if you eat enough of them.

Want to lose body fat? Eat less food.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options

huh?

food fat does NOT make you fat. Thats a stupid myth. What makes you fat is eating more food than your body is able to burn. You can get fat eating nothing but veggies for example if you eat enough of them.

Or food containing less calories
    Or exercise more
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Honestly you can't just wake up and say I want abs in 3 weeks for my holiday, it takes a lot of hard work and dedication. You have to eat right which means hitting your macros, and not going over your daily calorie goal. They say clean or healthy eating helps but I've also seen people with awesome looking abs say they eat whatever they want. Cardio helps but lifting requires your core to be engaged at all times. Like they said lower your bf % you can have abs and have them hiding under a layer of fat and the only way to really get rid of that layer of fat is lowering your bf%. So what I am trying to say is if you want abs you need to dedicate time and good eating. It takes time, I started using this site in february of this year with the goal of abs and although I've seen amazing results with my body, abs are still something I am working on. Good luck!
  • blondiek91
    Options

huh?

Or food containing less calories
    Or exercise more

I said saturated fat not fat in general. And I'm not eating too many calories, my goal on here is 1310 and I rarely go over that! I go running 2-3 times a week which tones my legs but does nothing for my belly. I think its more a case of toning as I'm not looking to lose much more weight which is why I was asking for some good abdominal exercises
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Cardio is good but you need to incorporate weight lifting into your program. When you build muscle, that muscle will burn fat. Don't concentrate directly on abs though. You can do all the ab work you want but if you have layers of fat over those muscles, you will never see them. The combination of weights and cardio is your best option. Do 30-45 minutes of weight training 3 times a week and cardio about twice and you should start seeing results. Just remember to feed your body though. Working out like that will burn a ton of calories and your body will need some of those back to help you with your energy and help repair your muscles.