Please read possible new way of thinking..?

Options

Replies

• Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    The article makes some good points. This is nothing new.
    I just keep it very simple.
    If man makes it, don't eat it.
    Stick with lean meats, low fat dairy, nuts, whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies.
    Simple deal.:drinker:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    What's this? Eat well, exercise, and don't starve?!

Witchcraft.
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    EXCELLENT ARTICLE!!! Thanks for posting!:flowerforyou:
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

Witchcraft.
    :laugh:
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options

Good article but stated nothing new to me......enjoy reading it though
  • lizzue
    lizzue Posts: 276 Member
    Options

Witchcraft.

Nope it is saying stay away from low fat things and low calories because it those is a lot of man made fats that you should stay away from.

To me this is new because I always thought low fat is the way to go to keep your calories down... Obviously this article not for you because you already know it. but thanks for your post much help! :-)
  • mochaphobic
    mochaphobic Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've read some of this before but not all of it. I found it interesting because some of it definitely goes against what my mother taught me as a child and what even my dietician told me when I was forced to go see her after my pre-diabetes diagnosis. I found a few things I might change in my family's diet. Thanks for sharing!
  • mochaphobic
    mochaphobic Posts: 92 Member
    Options

Witchcraft.

Nope it is saying stay away from low fat things and low calories because it those is a lot of man made fats that you should stay away from.

To me this is new because I always thought low fat is the way to go to keep your calories down... Obviously this article not for you because you already know it. but thanks for your post much help! :-)

I'm not sure the witchcraft poster even *read* the article... considering it says nothing about exercise or starving.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

Witchcraft.

I'm not sure the witchcraft poster even *read* the article... considering it says nothing about exercise or starving.
    Ahh but it does. Specifically, stating calore restriction isn't the best way to lose weight.

‘And a low-calorie diet doesn’t necessarily mean a healthy diet. Plenty of low-calorie diets are made up of nutritionally-deficient foods such as bland cereal and processed, tinned food.

‘This type of diet will leave you sluggish, unable to concentrate and craving sugar. In time, this can set up a binge/diet cycle that ruins your metabolism.’
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I think I read all of those myths being busted ten years ago. But good to reiterate!
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

Witchcraft.

Ahh but it does. Specifically, stating calore restriction isn't the best way to lose weight.

‘And a low-calorie diet doesn’t necessarily mean a healthy diet. Plenty of low-calorie diets are made up of nutritionally-deficient foods such as bland cereal and processed, tinned food.

‘This type of diet will leave you sluggish, unable to concentrate and craving sugar. In time, this can set up a binge/diet cycle that ruins your metabolism.’

I see the eat well bit, but not the exercise bit of the starve bit...
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I didn't really think much of it. Especially since they have a big bolded heading that says "Myth: Count calories to lose weight" then they turn around and admit, well, yeah calories actually do count.

The whole thing is cheesy and dishonest.
  • andreamelo1
    andreamelo1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options

Witchcraft.
    lol love it
  • alicepoppyh
    Options
    I didn't really think much of it. Especially since they have a big bolded heading that says "Myth: Count calories to lose weight" then they turn around and admit, well, yeah calories actually do count.

The whole thing is cheesy and dishonest.

It's the Daily Mail. It's what they do.

This is great: http://kill-or-cure.heroku.com/
  • Charliebarleymo
    Options
    If only it wasn't from the Daily Fail...