Coming to a plateau - need help

Options
Hungryalf
Hungryalf Posts: 10 Member
Hi - I'm 45 - I have lost 28 lbs which I am really pleased about but am struggling to lose the last 9lbs. I know I can do it as I was that weight 5 years ago so not exactly a spring chicken then either. Any suggestions, I'm going to try having dinner at lunchtime and vice versa to see if this kick starts it....

Replies

• ThomasFMendiola
    ThomasFMendiola Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Try to exercise a little more, and it doesn't have to be rigorous(although that would be ideal), maybe try going on a walk every day for a week and see how that works out.
  • Hungryalf
    Options
    I work full-time in a stressy job and long hours, and have 5 kids at home aged between 10 and 19..... I feel so shattered when I get home I tend only to exercise at the weekend. OK, I will try and push myself a little harder, I think you're probably right. The weight loss has just made me so flabby lol. Must try harder! Thanks for your support!
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I exercise cardio on a completely empty stomach to maximize my burned calories and get the most of the workout.
  • ThomasFMendiola
    ThomasFMendiola Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I completely understand, it's difficult for me too as I have 3 kids ages 5, 9, and 10. Usually it's easier to work out when they are asleep and on the weekends, but if you can squeeze out an 30 min - 1 hour for a walk it should help some. You can do it!
  • cookiefluff
    cookiefluff Posts: 115
    Options
    I work full-time in a stressy job and long hours, and have 5 kids at home aged between 10 and 19..... I feel so shattered when I get home I tend only to exercise at the weekend. OK, I will try and push myself a little harder, I think you're probably right. The weight loss has just made me so flabby lol. Must try harder! Thanks for your support!

hmmm... remember that stress can cause a plateau too!!
    Don't push yourself if you are tired!!!
    A nice day out to the spa would be better!
  • justbam
    justbam Posts: 1
    Options
    I hit a plateau at 30 lbs lost for 3 weeks. What finally got me out of it was increasing my work-outs. You need to shock your body. It must be used to what you are doing right now. I increased my cardio rigor and by one day; the 4th week I lost 9lbs! Now I'm not saying you will lose 9lbs in one week, but I'm sure you will meet your goal just don't give up!
  • Hungryalf
    Options
    That's great inspiration, yes it could well be that my body is used to my current regime - thanks so much for this :)
  • tjmishler
    tjmishler Posts: 5
    Options
    Dont forget your body craves sleep too!

What you could do is take one kid out for a walk each night. It will get your workout in and it will give you both some time to bond. Its a win for everyone!!!
  • Hungryalf
    Options
    Lol - yes I guess that would work too!