Talk me out of eating bad things please.

Options
I just woke up and all I can think is I WANT TACO BELL FOR BREAKFAST.

I don't want Taco Bell.

I do want Taco Bell.. But I don't want what it does to my body or the fact that it could lead to a binge of epic proportions.

Yet.. I REALLY want something that isn't healthy. I want something that tastes like crappy fast food. I don't want egg whites. I don't want oatmeal. I want TACO BELL.

UGH.

Someone please talk me out of this. Anyone I know in person would just say, "Eh, go ahead and eat it. It's just one time." Which is also what my brain is telling me in a series of lovely rationalizations.

Replies

• jmilian825
    jmilian825 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    well you could make a cheesy quesadilla at home with mozzarella cheese throw your eggs in there lets see tortillas 2 of them guerrero brand 110 1/4 cup mozzarella 80 2 eggs large 140 fatty tasting stuff total cals 330 not as terrible as taco bell
  • vinneeminnee123
    Options
    Instead of eating that crap that is full of...ummm nothing good for you google a healthy receipe of what you would have ordered and make that at home instead. you don't need to have eggs/oatmeal for every breakfast! "breakfast" food does not mean that it is made for only the hours between 6am and 9am! eat some chicken, have a dinner for breakfast, it won't kill you :)
  • KMSForLife
    KMSForLife Posts: 605
    Options
    Read what you just posted - you'll talk yourself out of it. It's just crap.
  • chanelleneilson
    chanelleneilson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The way you will feel after- about yourself, and physically makes it so NOT WORTH IT!!! You are stronger than that! Don't do it! Have a delicious breakfast that you make at home!
  • Mrshonopolist05
    Mrshonopolist05 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! If your craving Taco Bell, why don't you have a Mexican breakfast or lunch. It's healthier and will definitely taste much better than taco bell.

I was craving taco bell a few weeks ago and well I got it. Let me tell you it didn't agree with me, I was sick later that night! It was not worth it.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell? You need to invest in Chipotle, my dear. :bigsmile:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    I've found that if my clients totally try to cut out everything that they like to eat, they end up going on a gorging spree and eventually all the weight they lost returns.
    If done right, you can have Taco Bell in moderation. Personally myself I have it once a week (2 chicken soft tacos Fresco) and it adds up to 300 calories. But I also make sure that I've met my macros/micro nutrients that day and DON'T go over my calorie limit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    have an OMELET!!! =) Fill it full of cheese and other stuff like ham, or peppers.. When I crave Taco Bell it really is the cheese that I want. Don't go get Taco Bell.. think about how your tummy and your guilt will feel when you get home and finish eating.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Make yourself a taco at home using lean meat and reduced fat cheese. Tacos aren't unhealthy if you use healthy ingredients.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Start cooking. Cook something decent at home (not ultra healthy hippie salad food. REAL food :)

I find that cooking puts your mind away from eating crap. I was in a rut myself for about a week. My friends encouraged me to take control and today I am cooking large batches of food so I have stuff at home I can cook rather than hitting fast food joints.

Every once in a while eating junk is fine (as per me) but sounds like thats something you donot wish to do so for that I would suggest keep some quick recipes for savory foods that you can make which isn't the perfect diet food but is alot better than fast food or something.

Good luck :)
  • Starla_86
    Starla_86 Posts: 88
    Options
    This is so true!

Just let the feelings surpass and eat something else at home that you like...you'll be so much happier you did when it gets to the end of the day.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Tacos can be low calorie and low fat - but I doubt they'd taste very good. The best part about making your own Mexican food is that you can choose what goes into it.

Taco Bell is disgusting, in my opinion. I've never felt good after eating there, always got sick. That's why I haven't eaten there in well over a year. There are so many better choices out there than Taco Bell. It's cheap for a reason. lol...
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options

:heart:
  • Maximumresults
    Options
    usually helps me when I think about how I feel after I eat taco bell....
  • bpetlock
    bpetlock Posts: 109
    Options
    Yeah I've heard that if you're going to eat at taco bell the best thing to eat is your basic soft taco.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Had some Qdoba yesterday! Definitely alot better than Taco Bell for sure but sadly Qdoba closes about 5 years before Taco Bell :(
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Someone please talk me out of this. Anyone I know in person would just say, "Eh, go ahead and eat it. It's just one time." Which is also what my brain is telling me in a series of lovely rationalizations.
    How has "just go ahead and eat it" helped you in the past?

Grab a healthy breakfast, and later get the Taco Bell at a time when you've planned for it (meaning...worked out for it!).

Good luck...bad cravings do pass, and you'd probably feel worse for eating it!
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    Make yourself a taco at home using lean meat and reduced fat cheese. Tacos aren't unhealthy if you use healthy ingredients.

This - and put taco bell sauce on it. IDK about you, but 80% of my TB craves are always about the Hot and Fire sauces on them!
  • griselturner
    griselturner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't eat it....you will feel bad afterward and that feeling is worse! I just made the best best best Pizza with a Wheat Tortilla.....get some Italian Chicken Sausage (Adill's), cut up some yellow and green bell pepper in slivers along with red onion, now cook on a flat grill pan. Your veggies are cooked when soft but some people like a crunch, up to you. I take the sausage out of the skin when I cook it so it will be crumbles. Once your Chicken and veggies are cooked, remove from pan. Now place your Wheat Tortilla on pan and spread about 2 teaspoons of your favorite pizza sauce, I use Ragu. Top your Tortilla w/ chicken and veggies and top it off with 2 tablespoons of Mozarella cheese....cook your Tortilla til the edge is crispy.......I promise you this is so filling and good for you,taste better than Taco Bell and better for you. low in Calories too!!! ENJOY!!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    First, decide what you really want. Then, decide how badly you want it. Then, once you've decided how badly you want it, decide whether having Taco Bell for breakfast will help or hurt your cause.

Most likely having Taco Bell for breakfast just this once won't hurt. Having Taco Bell for breakfast once a week won't hurt. But think about where you want to be six months from now. Does that girl eat Taco Bell for breakfast once a week?

If she doesn't, get your butt into the kitchen, scramble some eggs or egg whites, measure out a serving of grated cheese, maybe scramble some ham or something in with the eggs and roll the whole shebang into a small tortilla. BAM. An egg burrito for breakfast, for most likely a quarter of the calories.

This isn't about depriving yourself of good stuff, this is about making a choice, taking responsibility and doing what you need to do.