Anyone ever forget that they were dieting?

Options
Silly question probably, just wondering if you ever have eaten something that you wanted without thinking about what you were eating or how many calories ect. Then afterward thought oh no what did i just do? I was supposed to be dieting and watching what i was eating. Wondering if anyone else struggles with this, is it lack of motivation? or am i just defeating myself with mindless eating? How can i stop this?

Replies

• carloc
    carloc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi sand seeker. When I first started on MFP I was thinking about what I could eat to make better choices. I would get random thoughts about hot dogs, burgers, fries, cookies. It was hard at first to say no but now I have noticed that I don't crave them as much, when I do I have a taste once in a while. But in general I have started thinking, where are the veggies. When in a restaurant I don't even think about deserts etc. overall my mind set has changed, and I feel that my body demands more of the healthy choices, it likes the extra energy and feeling more active and alert.

It gets easier overtime....
  • JoeD1968
    JoeD1968 Posts: 167
    Options
    if you find out why let me know..lol
    I am always tempted when i am nearing a new low weight to sabotage myself..
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    No. I honestly don't think I've eaten anything in the past 30 years without thinking about the calories and whether or not I should be eating it. Though there have definitely been times when after eating something I thought I'd made the wrong decision by doing so.
  • ChelsieMG
    ChelsieMG Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    HAHA I have totally done that more than once... and yes it does get easier with time!
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    No, but I forgot how old I was!
  • mcedes02
    mcedes02 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Since I have began my journey I've thought about every single bite! I just don't buy that much 'junk' anymore. If I do give into a craving..I still measure a serving and allow for it in my calories or do something a little extra to work it off during the day. If I do buy something (my big down fall is potato chips!!) I keep them put up, out of sight out of mind..lol. And when I do go to get some. I put a serving size in a bowl and leave the bag behind! A lot of times fruit will curb my sweet craving or a piece of hard candy.
  • Gilligan67
    Gilligan67 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't consider MFP a diet plan. it's a lifestyle change. I have been doing this a short time and the cravings go away. if there's something you must have that you shouldn't, take a bite and stop there.

it all depends on what you want more. The food or your health?

every fork is a choice...
  • can3mwh
    can3mwh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    In the past, definitely. Especially when sitting around with a group of friends where the conversation is flowing and the snack bowl is in the middle of it all. It does get easier to be aware of that stuff with time and before you know it, the conversation still flows but the hand stays away from the snack bowl.
  • KateRepine
    KateRepine Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Love the little packs of oreos - that way you can have "normal" food without over indulging.
  • sandseeker
    Options
    Thanks Everyone for the info, I am just now starting to get serious about weightloss and all of your comments have helped. I think this site is just what i need to keep my eye on the ball and stop my mindless eating.