What do you LIKE about your diet?

Options

Replies

• Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I love that I enjoy cooking meals for myself now, which without this lifestyle change, I would have NEVER done...I love that I can fit into smaller clothes and feel comfortable. I love the feeling of holding myself accountable, and I actually enjoy counting cals...it's like a game to me...I pretend it's money, and if I have it to "spend" I will, but if I don't, I'm SOL. :)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I'm not religiously doing primal/paleo anymore, but what I like about it is that it changed my overall eating habits in such a way that I don't feel forced into conforming to any rules. I eat mostly plants, some meat, yogurt/cheese/fruit. I occasionally/rarely eat bread or sweets, but I really enjoy nutritious food and the simpler aspects of the paleo/primal diet have stuck with me long-term. I don't worry about macronutrients.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I like that I can actually eat a lot more than I thought I could! :) And ALL of it tastes awesome!
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    My food is more varied and interesting, no more bland and repetitive. It looks good - multicoloured and pretty (particularly pomegranate seeds).
    I don't feel bloated and guilty after eating I actually enjoy it!
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I like that my diet is clean! It makes me feel full and healthy. If I cheat, my digestive system makes me pay for it! The other night, I ate pizza, ice cream, and a brownie, and woke up in the middle of the night with terrible stomach pains, and ended up puking it all up.

I hear you! Ate fried calamari AND french fries on Saturday. (Plus a whole lot of ice cream...) and man did I pay for it Sunday. Blech!
  • peles_fire
    peles_fire Posts: 501
    Options
    I like that my body feels better. I feel more energized and more nourished by the healthy foods I eat. I like that I am setting a good example for my family, not only to eat healthfully, but showing them that hard work and discipline = success!

I like that I don't hate myself after I have eaten.

And I like the connections I have made on MFP. :)
  • triggsta
    triggsta Posts: 140
    Options
    After being on my diet for 6 months now, I've found that I love eating healthy. Fruits, veggies, natural foods... they all just taste so much better to me than a fatty cheeseburger and fries (which I succumbed to this weekend, and while it was good, it was not nearly as satisfying as my normal food).

I also love that I can keep it up. It's not something I feel restricted by or feel that it's too hard to keep up. It's perfect for me and I'm able to get through my day without being hungry and my cravings have curbed dramatically.
  • amandainez08
    amandainez08 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    What I like about my diet (and keeping a food diary) is that I am now very aware of what I used to put into my body. The fact that I only have a certain number of calories I can eat per day helps me find foods that allows me to eat more of! I mean, would I rather have a 1000 calorie meal from McDonald's and only be left with 200 calories the rest of the day, or would I rather eat something with fewer calories, say a BLT on wheat with light mayo (~350 calories) and be able to eat an actual meal for dinner? I choose the latter :) And BLTs are OH so yummy!
  • emmamaree71
    Options
    I love that I'm actually cooking for the first time!!! Eating healthy has forced me to try new recipes, ingredients, spices etc. so I don't get bored :)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I like that it has made me more open to trying new foods. I was always a very picky eater so I'm eating a lot I never would have eaten before! I have realized that sometimes it's how certain foods are cooked/seasoned that makes a huge difference in whether I like them or not.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I like that I can enjoy a "free" day with the family and it doesn't send me into a tailspin making me want more. My tummy actually begs me for a salad later. Really! :happy:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I like that I'm not viewing this as a diet but more as a lifestyle change.

^^^^This

I eat whatever I want, just a lot less of the bad and more of the good. I really like that the key to losing weight for me was nothing more complicated than awareness of how many calories I was consuming and some common sense in how to change that while still fueling my body.

Very awesome. And diet doesn't necessarily have to mean a "oh I'm on a diet" so much as what you eat. Since your food intake is your diet. =)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I like that I can enjoy a "free" day with the family and it doesn't send me into a tailspin making me want more. My tummy actually begs me for a salad later. Really! :happy:

I love that feeling!
  • spayton2105
    Options
    I like having complete control and being able to cook my own meals. I am learning portion control, but I like that I can eat whatever I want in moderation. I operate on the belief that most food is good in moderation. If I crave a steak, I eat a steak. And I don't feel guilt anymore about food. I don't compromise my exercise and eat clean. I look forward to each meal and enjoy every meal I eat. There's no reason to eat bland, borning meals like broccoli and tofu. That's not living. For breakfast I had a Denver omlet, half a piece of toast and 1/4 roasted potatoes..., full of flavor with the picante sauce and rich black coffee. This is a way of life, not a diet.:drinker:
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I like not feeling bad about enjoying the occasional treat, and knowing I have the power to make sure the treat stays occasional. Before I started counting calories, I'd eat a whole bag of potato chips in one sitting maybe once a month - a big bag - and not only gain weight, but feel like crap. Now I can fit 15 Crispers into my day and not only have my craving satisfied, but feel good about it.
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I love my breakfast of eggs, sweet potato hash (and maybe sausage) on the weekends...but I can't WAIT until monday morning when I make my berry, coconut, greens smoothie again! I love my clean food (the downside is: it's such a letdown when you inevitably get stuck at bad restaurant and have to try and make something out of nothing off of a crappy menu). When I eat well I feel fulfilled, like I'm not wasting calorie space, I'm getting nourished, making my body happy. Being in control rules, :laugh: ! I love my exercise routine and getting down to 20% body fat...looking forward to 18 or 19% and being super STRONG!
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I like that I am not on a DIET and enjoying my life while loosing and feeling great. Counting and exercise, that is the greatest concept ever..who knew..LOLOL
  • Han2409
    Han2409 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like the feeling when i try clothes on in a shop and think about how much better my hair, skin and shape are already!
  • LittleTrish
    LittleTrish Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ive not long been on my diet and don't really feel any different. Its hard to point out what I enjoy about my diet, the thing thats keeping me focused at the moment is knowing that by Christmas 2012 I will be slimmer and whant to get into size 14 by then. What do I hate about my diet????? The serious lack of chocolate and cake and wine lol
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese....:heart: