Were You Ever on TV?

Options

Replies

• CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I was never on TV, but I am in the movies. I have a small appearance in the move "The Hunt for Red October"
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    when i was like 7, me and my family were recorded by one of the houston news teams during a shania twain performance at the houston rodeo...somehow i ended up not being a total hick. lol
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I forgot that my voice is on an episode of Married With Children. I went to a taping and yelled real loud when Al came out and even louder when Kelly came out.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I was never on TV, but I am in the movies. I have a small appearance in the move "The Hunt for Red October"

I frickin love that movie. I watch it every time it is on. What part were you in?

One ping only!
  • lklascala
    lklascala Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I wasn't, but my son was just recently on Good Morning America for his reaction to his cochlear implant activation. He became viral on YouTube not too long ago. WARNING...he will make you cry. He's under Two Year old Cooper Hears for the First Time - Original if you want to check it out.
  • lklascala
    lklascala Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDDfGMuofuw
    The website to Cooper's Activation.
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    most of you are too young to remember The Art Linkletter show. I was on the kids say the darnest things segment when I was in the second grade!
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    The Maury Show. And No I WAS NOT THE FATHER!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I wasn't, but my son was just recently on Good Morning America for his reaction to his cochlear implant activation. He became viral on YouTube not too long ago. WARNING...he will make you cry. He's under Two Year old Cooper Hears for the First Time - Original if you want to check it out.

I saw that...it was amazing.
  • simonek91
    simonek91 Posts: 18
    Options
    When I was in eighth grade, my school's chorus was invited to perform in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade as part of a group called America Sings (led by John Jacobson, the guy from 'double dream hands' fame). My dad taped the television broadcast for me and I found myself on screen a few times. It was really cool! Now, I think it's totally dorky.

I've also been on TV a couple of times while attending football games at my university (Go NOLES!).
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I was working in Portsmouth and had Princess Anne come to speak to me with a camera crew behind her (Jun 2000)

I also ended up on the show that follows the Yorkshire Air Ambulance, I attended a car crash that required someone to be airlifted and so as I was the one that called the Ambulance and treated the casualties I ended up being interviewed! (Mar 2010)
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    When I was around 16 or 17, I won a music competition and was the guest of honor at a luncheon. They had a news crew there and they interviewed me for a spot on the evening local news broadcast.
  • duplicitous
    duplicitous Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I did a national commercial when I was a teenager, filmed several pilots, appeared in Legally Blond, Freaks & Geeks and Numbers. And, you've all unknowingly seen me a million times as a photo double for Sarah Michellle Geller, Christina Ricci, Hilary Duff and a plethora of other 5'2" actresses.

Wow, I am really impressed.

As for me I shot a music video for a local band in my late teens. (Chick in heels and tiny dress kind of scene) I never thought it would see air time. Years later my friends from High School wrote to tell me they saw me on the local cable music video channel. They were shocked. Although I have a copy of the video I have never personally seen it broadcasted.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    When I about 9 years old, my mom dropped one of my brothers and me off at a local fishing hole. It had just been stocked with rainbow trout, and a news crew was there. They filmed us casting, asked us a few questions and then wrote down our names and ages. I never did see the news clip, but my parents did.

In 1982, my fiance and I were planning to get married on July 4th. But a month before that, he was diagnosed with leukemia. He had to go thru induction chemotherapy and all that goes along with it (hospitalization, of course). We decided we'd better put the wedding off for a while. But then the hospital chaplain talked to us and we decided we would not let his illness derail our plans. We just had to change the venue.

So, we reserved the hospital chapel. When the hospital PR guy saw that the chapel had been reserved, he started looking into the reason why. When he found out, he thought it would be a good "human interest" story. With our permission, he contacted one of the local news stations. Our wedding was filmed, and then just snips of it shown on that evening's news. Included in the news report were short interviews with the chaplain and the nursing supervisor. From there, 4 local newspapers picked up the story and each did interviews with us, then ran articles with photos. We had more than our "15 minutes of fame" and we were both glad when all the attention died down.
  • duplicitous
    duplicitous Posts: 82 Member
    Options

I saw that...it was amazing.

I saw this too. It was incredible!!! It made me cry at work!
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I have been on tv with my friends multiple times for PITT games and we have been on ESPN over the past 4-5 years, always painted for the football games Whoop whoop haha
  • countrylovesong
    Options
    One lifetime movie called Grace, Here Comes the Boom (starring Kevin James will be in the movies in october I believe) and a student film for a local college. I was also on a welcome to Maine postcard, but that probably doesn't count.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I forgot that my voice is on an episode of Married With Children. I went to a taping and yelled real loud when Al came out and even louder when Kelly came out.

Al-bundy-ed-oneill-animated-gif-10.gif
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    I was on the Canadian Telethon of Stars. I did a full tap dance routine. I think that was in '86

I was on the news in my bathing suit jumping off a diving board when the local news did a report on a summer pool at which I was a member. Probably in the late 80's early 90's. Would NOT be impressed if that were to happen today.. just sayin' ;)
  • nheilweil
    nheilweil Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I was on The Gong Show in the late '70's -- that classic (and horrid) talent show hosted by Chuck Barris. I wasn't a performer, I was in a marching band which acted as the "gong", steamrolling over a singer :-)