LESS CALORIES

Will I hit a plateu if i eat less than my daily intake? my calorie goal is 1370 - if i eat 1200 everyday will my weight loss stop?

Replies

• DJDonadic
    DJDonadic Posts: 17 Member
    It depends on what your weight is and how active you are. Good Luck.
  • It may, because the daily intake they give covers how much your body needs to run properly. If you eat too little your body will think that food is scarce and will begin hoarding calories as fat. I am having to teach myself to eat more. I had no idea my current intake was as low as 900 calories on some days.
  • ShellyShuey
    ShellyShuey Posts: 162
    Plateaus usually respond to more calories vs less. About a week at a higher calorie/more carbs and then right back into the lower cals and lower carb can jumpstart you again ... (source: Chris Powell)
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    The question is: Why do you want to eat less?
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    I eat between 6 and 8 hundred on most days and I lose, but your body may not respond well to fewer calories. Then you have the eat more to weigh less group of people and they swear it works and I'm starving myself and will soon (should have already by their calculations) go into starvation mode and then I'm doomed. 1200 is IMO a good place to start. You can move up or down as you see fit once you see how it goes. You should give yourself a couple of weeks of 1200 before you change it though. Good luck!!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Sorry I see now you wanted to know about Plateau's. I usually have a great week followed by a not so great week, but I haven't stopped losing all together as of yet.