Poopin'

Options
123457»

Replies

• LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different - some people regular is a few times a day - some people it s a few times a week

as long as you arent constipated.. keep doing what you are doing
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    From what I've read, women are more given to being constipated than men are, I'm not sure why. Believe it or not, stress can help add to constipation.

Also, how often are you working out? I know that when I work out regularly - especially when I do a lot of yoga - I can end up pooping 3-4 times in a single day. I'm pretty regular anyway, but my wife seems to have your problem. It will sometimes be days in between for her. She also takes the fiber gummies, and I believe that has helped.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    It's different for everyone! :bigsmile:

As long as you don't feel constipated or you're constantly having loose stools, you're probably good to go. If it concerns you, add a fiber supplement if you're not getting enough from your diet. One a day is usually enough for me!! Who wants to spend that much time in the bathroom, anyhow? :tongue:
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I'm irregular as hell.
    I think I need to start taking fiber gummies or metamucil.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    1-2 times a day is good enough however too much fiber is not good for you unless you are working out a lot
  • debussyschild
    Options
    I'm irregular as hell.
    I think I need to start taking fiber gummies or metamucil.

Look into taking a probiotic as well. I have a super sensitive stomach and sometimes now matter how healthy I eat, I get irregular. Fiber helps, but it'll make you gassy, so watch out. Digestive enzymes like Papaya enzymes are also good, too, to avoid GI problems.
  • Sharito1014
    Sharito1014 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can go a week without poopin! Then agin I dont drink enough water and my diet isnt that great...
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    It also depends on how much you eat. If you're eating around 1200 (which is the minimum). You don't really eat enough to poop very often. I've also heard "daily" but if you regulate 3 times a week and then it gets longer between that then you should do something about it, but if that's your regularity then that's ok. If you eat more and keep on exercising, your metabolism will get faster and need to empty more often.

Yoghurt helps too
  • debussyschild
    Options
    I stopped drinking soda (6 days now) and my "habits" have changed again!!!! Any thoughts on this?

Soda has a ton of sodium, which can dehydrate you and make you go less often or make it hard to go. Chances are you're probably going more, right? If so, that's probably a good sign! Your tummy and your colon like water a lot :drinker:
  • Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    Options
    I highly recommend a good probiotic! No not just yogurt, that isn't good enough. I love Udo's brand, and I do the 8 cell one. The more "cells" the better. Also buy the ones that have to be kept in the fridge, they are live cultures and stronger. At first take 2 a day for a week or so then just one a day. I got 2-3 times a day. Before I got off sugars, and took a probiotic I was once a day to every other day. Girl trust me you will notice a difference in your tummy!
  • jeichacker
    jeichacker Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    the Herb Doc says regular means you have a BM for every regular meal you eat in a day! go to herbdoc.com to learn more. I now use Intestinal Formula #1 which is all natural, and I go minimum of 2x per day, but usually 3. And am finally losing weight.
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me to take miralax. Hopefully it works!

Yeah, it will work. My son gets constipated sometimes and I give him a little miralax to get things moving, haha ;)
  • readyforthejourney
    Options
    Have you tried bran buds with psylium? My dr recommended it to my mom and it works great...it also cleans out the lining of your intestines so that extra crap gets out...pun intended!
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I like to read and poop it relaxes me hahahaha
  • mgram2
    mgram2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I used to go maybe 2 or 3 times weekly at best and suffered from IBS.
    Then I changed my diet...
    Now I no longer suffer from IBS and usually go at least once in the morning.

Oddly enough... it's probably my favorite part of the morning. Knowing my body is digesting normally reduces my anxiety.
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I eat raisin bran for breakfast, and a fiber one snack at work as well as other fiber in my diet. I go once a day sometimes more and sometimes less. Be careful to eat lots of fiber anyway if you get constipated - you do not want hemorrhoids. (trust me).