Does anyone do boot camp?

Options
I am having a hard time logging in my calories after my bootcamp sessions because I don't know which exercise to use.

Replies

• dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time with that too until I bought my heart rate monitor. Probably the closest I've seen is the calisthenics option in the cardio exercises. But I've found those estimates to be high compared to my HRM.
  • afalls11
    afalls11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I log my bootcamp under Circuit training, general.
    My bootcamp is different every night, but it includes weights and cardio. I'm love it!!!!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    circuit training
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I am having a hard time logging in my calories after my bootcamp sessions because I don't know which exercise to use.

My suggestion is to get a HRM :)
  • kmoore02
    kmoore02 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have a heart rate monitor that I use. I haven't been to boot camp yet but that's coming up! HRM's let you know when you in that optimal fat burning zone based on your heart rate.
  • monroekm
    monroekm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I find that the circuit training, general comes pretty close to what my heart rate monitor reports. Sometimes a little more and sometimes a little less, but it's almost dead on after a weekly average.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I find my burn rate is between 300-400 calories for 1 hour of bootcamp, according to my HRM.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    i take a boot camp class and used an HRM for many sessions. I've stopped using my HRM and use my FitBit now, but depending on the intensity of the cardio segments and what my instructor calls 'burnout' segments (where you're supposed to go double speed and literally burn yourself to the point of running out of steam), i can burn from 350-500 cals in an hour.
  • mswells70
    mswells70 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I log mine in under circuit training also.
  • macnotes
    macnotes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Ya, I use my HRM and burn about 450-650 cals/hour. As I'm losing weight, that number is going down :(
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I did a week long boot camp a couple weeks ago. An internet search showed that bootcamp burns an average of 450 calories for women. I think I ended up just counting 400 calories to be safe. Though it felt like I was burning a lot more!!

Have fun and enjoy it!!
  • mg234080
    mg234080 Posts: 29
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I bought a heart rate monitor watch but it doesn't work that well. It showed that I only burned 113 calories for 30 minutes of working out extra hard. I've been using calisthentics to log calories burned; I agree the numbers are too high. I do bootcamp 4-7 times per week so I guess I should invest in a more expensive/better monitor so that I have a better idea of how many calories I am burning.
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    Good question! I attend boot camp once a week and just don't log it, since I didn't know how. I just consider it extra since I run 5-6 days a week.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I bought a heart rate monitor watch but it doesn't work that well. It showed that I only burned 113 calories for 30 minutes of working out extra hard. I've been using calisthentics to log calories burned; I agree the numbers are too high. I do bootcamp 4-7 times per week so I guess I should invest in a more expensive/better monitor so that I have a better idea of how many calories I am burning.

http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/polar-ft4m-orange.html?productid=polar-ft4m-orange&channelid=FROOG&utm_source=CSEs&utm_medium=GoogleShopping&utm_campaign=heartratemonitorsusa&gclid=CKnO-OCu6rACFWQ0QgodTEvatg