PB Chocolate Oatmeal!

Options
jennc37
jennc37 Posts: 81
Oh my goodness, so yummy!

1/3 cup of quick oatmeal (cook normally..maybe a little less water than usual)
1 tbsp of Peanut butter
1 table spoon of semi sweet chocolate chips

Mix it all together and it is so yummy!

Only 260 calories! Makes a great lunch!

Replies

• carriparton
    carriparton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump - sounds good!!! :bigsmile:
  • sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump!
  • juliemval
    juliemval Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    1/3 C steel cut oats (instant)
    1 C water
    2 Tbl PB2 (peanut butter powder)
    1 Tbl light maple syrup

215 Calories ... 9.4 gms protein, 5.8 gms fiber, 3.8 gms fat
  • aleka1961
    aleka1961 Posts: 18
    Options
    that sounds delish
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    In a small mason jar (size comparable to a PB jar) I add in this order:

1/3 cup almond milk (you can choose between unsweetened and the chocolate; at 1/3 cup, the difference is 25 calories)
    1T unsweetened cocoa
    1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned oats
    1/4 cup greek fat free plain yogurt
    1T chia seeds
    4 to 6 T chocolate PB2
    1 to 2 tsp honey

Close jar and shake until mixed nicely. Then add half a banana, sliced, and stir. Close jar, and let sit in the fridge overnight. You can let it chill for 2 or 3 days if you want, but this stuff is so delicious it is hard to not eat it as soon as it is ready.

For those who haven't seen overnight oats before, you may be hesitant to eat "uncooked" oats, or a oatmeal concoction served chilled. Do it once. You'll be a happier, healthier person. For people who like the idea of chocolate oatmeal, this will be better than your best imaginings.

With maximum ingredient amounts, this recipe comes in under 400 calories of healthy goodness. You can easily edit the sugar/PB2 to reduce calories to approx. 310 calories, or leave out the banana and bring the total in under 275. I recommend full amounts however. Perhaps the most delicious meal you will eat. Try it. Life will change.
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    sorry, wrong topic!
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Bump - I might try this with almond butter...
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options

1/3 cup almond milk (you can choose between unsweetened and the chocolate; at 1/3 cup, the difference is 25 calories)
    1T unsweetened cocoa
    1T chia seeds
    4 to 6 T chocolate PB2
    1 to 2 tsp honey

Close jar and shake until mixed nicely. Then add half a banana, sliced, and stir. Close jar, and let sit in the fridge overnight. You can let it chill for 2 or 3 days if you want, but this stuff is so delicious it is hard to not eat it as soon as it is ready.

For those who haven't seen overnight oats before, you may be hesitant to eat "uncooked" oats, or a oatmeal concoction served chilled. Do it once. You'll be a happier, healthier person. For people who like the idea of chocolate oatmeal, this will be better than your best imaginings.

With maximum ingredient amounts, this recipe comes in under 400 calories of healthy goodness. You can easily edit the sugar/PB2 to reduce calories to approx. 310 calories, or leave out the banana and bring the total in under 275. I recommend full amounts however. Perhaps the most delicious meal you will eat. Try it. Life will change.

I love chia seeds.
  • b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    try it with powdered peanut butter and raw honey

so good!
  • quixoteQ
    Options

1T unsweetened cocoa
    1T chia seeds
    4 to 6 T chocolate PB2
    1 to 2 tsp honey

I love chia seeds.

Me too, especially in oatmeal and/or yogurty things.
  • mjcorbs228
    mjcorbs228 Posts: 21
    Options
    sounds like I have a new breakfast plan.
  • mspris2u
    mspris2u Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • grnice
    grnice Posts: 96
    Options

1T unsweetened cocoa
    1T chia seeds
    4 to 6 T chocolate PB2
    1 to 2 tsp honey

I'm kind of intrigued but eating cold oatmeal doesn't sound good.
  • leslieanne1010
    leslieanne1010 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump
  • harryandsally
    harryandsally Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • chellie47
    chellie47 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    chocolate PB2 --> who knew... powered peanut butter...the things I am learning lol
  • HappilyCyn
    HappilyCyn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Sounds good!!! Thanks for sharing.
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • quixoteQ
    Options

1T unsweetened cocoa
    1T chia seeds
    4 to 6 T chocolate PB2
    1 to 2 tsp honey

I'm kind of intrigued but eating cold oatmeal doesn't sound good.

If you have ever wondered if there was something outside your life in the universe that was special and good but you didn't know where to look, this is your chance. You owe it to yourself to try it once. Make it, taste it, and if you don't like it you can throw it away. But you will like it, and you will speak the gospel according to refrigerated oats henceforth.

:smokin: