Options
felicia8604
felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
looking for ways to season veggies.

Replies

• kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I love all of the Mrs. Dash flavors b/c there is no sodium. However, my newest finding that does have a bit of sodium is Kernal Seasonings, which is a popcorn seasoning. Ranch and Nacho Cheese are my faves. :)
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Christmas tree shops are the only place I know to get it BUT Fajita seasoning KICKS ROYAL BUTT!!!!!!
  • cheree1969
    cheree1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mamafred
    Mamafred Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Curry powder, rosemary and Mrs. Dash.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I also LOVE Mrs. Dash! Tonight, i bought a cheap can of asparagus from like the dollar store, drained it and placed into a pam sprayed baking dish. I sprinkled about 1 tablespoon of seasoned bread crumbs on top & baked until warm. very simple but gave it a nice flavor, and a little crunch! Im trying to use up alot of the "processed/canned" foods in my house while canning from my organic garden! great post!

also looking for friends! I just joined today after about a year of research and deciding how i wanted to go about my journey!
  • jhyan
    jhyan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Salt and Butter.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Mixed salt free seasoners like Mccormick Mediterranean Blend

Mrs Dash flavors

Best Life 50 cal with olive oil spread.

Lots of pepper.

Grated parmesan/romano cheese.
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    I love my veggies grilled our steamed. I do string beans and asparagus the same. A little olive oil, minced garlic, lemon zest, a pinch of red pepper, black pepper and GO.

Corn off the stalk with diced peppers (green, red, whatever), diced jalapeno, little diced onion, parsley, and garlic/ pepper.

I like to dress up my veggies or eat them raw.
  • steffers96
    steffers96 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    We use Mrs Dash for everything. My hubby has high blood pressure so we really have to watch his sodium intake, and Mrs Dash comes in SO many flavorings and it's all sodium free. We've learned to even mix Mrs. Dash with other herbs like mint, parsley, and even some garlic powder. :)
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I use Mrs. Dash for pretty much everything! And olive oil, especially if sauteeing veggies up.
  • kneasles
    kneasles Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Minced garlic (very healthy), cayenne pepper for a kick:explode: (boosts metabolism), basil (for anything with tomatoes), oregano, red pepper flakes...
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    when i sautee or roast them i just use olive oil and garlic, i steam most vegies so they dont get seasoned
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Minced garlic (very healthy), cayenne pepper for a kick:explode: (boosts metabolism), basil (for anything with tomatoes), oregano, red pepper flakes...

^This is great, sometimes I add onion powder too.
  • amara0118
    amara0118 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I use a lot garlic and Mrs. Dash ( salt free!)
  • nikkasmama
    nikkasmama Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i like to season veggies with fajita seasoning on raw veggies.so good
  • mtaylor1980
    mtaylor1980 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Mrs. dash!!! and Traders Joes 21 Season Salute!!!
  • listlife
    listlife Posts: 30
    Options
    Adobo seasoning (the yellow/red bottle that's for chicken) is great on everything in my book.
  • Justa_Paperbag
    Justa_Paperbag Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Recently, I've been using 1/2 t dill, 1/4 t onion powder, 1/4 t garlic powder and 1/8 teaspoon salt with a little pepper with a little olive oil or "butter" spray and tossing them. It tastes like ranch dressing. I made them with those seasonings and no olive oil in a foil packet on the grill the other day - very good.
  • Justa_Paperbag
    Justa_Paperbag Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    And by "them," zucchini, yellow squash, red and green peppers and onions.