Replies

• nszocinski
    nszocinski Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    oooh looking forward to trying this, I love banana bread.
  • mommy2girlies
    mommy2girlies Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    yummy! Thanks!
  • ccsmiller
    ccsmiller Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    When you say apple sauce do you literally mean the stuff you eat with roast pork (I'm a brit!) and these sound awesome, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get hold of any other type of apple sauce?!

Yep! I used Asda's own brand. A lot of American recipes ask for unsweetened apple sauce, but we don't have it over here. I always just use regular apple sauce and it's worked fine. You can't taste it in the recipe itself (although try to find one without lumps, otherwise you will taste it!) So for this particular recipe, a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and a quarter cup of apple sauce works just as fine (or at least it did in my case!)
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jessrect
    jessrect Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • PeopleAreStrange
    Options
    Omg,these sound divine.Hopefully I will be able to substitute gluten free flour & oats so I can share them with my daughter.Although they sound too good to share,lol x
  • Fista
    Fista Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump! Sounds great!
  • emom3boys
    emom3boys Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Molissa08
    Molissa08 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Cherp18
    Cherp18 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    yum! thanks so much, they sound delish :smile:
  • belliott919
    belliott919 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump
  • leslieanne1010
    leslieanne1010 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    bump
  • beccus
    beccus Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks Elle!
    I'm going to try it with grated apple I think.
  • Belfastlassie
    Options
    I made them over the weekend, fantastic they were, so thank you so much for sharing these.. I am going to try mixing it up a bit now with blueberries or cherries an with different flour...It is great to have recipes from different ones on here, that we can try. Thank you so much!!!
    JL
  • tdamaska
    tdamaska Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    bump bump and I happen to have everything on the shopping list at home SCORE!
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Yum! I just made these and am having one now :) They're sooooo good!

I subbed reg. apple sauce for unsweetened apple sauce and swapped out half the sugar for Truvia to cut down on calories a teensy bit more to 60 cals/muffin (not that these really needed to be cut down...haha). I also added 1/4 tsp nutmeg in. Delicious!

I made a cream cheese ish frosting (it's a stretch to call it cream cheese frosting) to put on top, too. I used:

1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
    2 tbsp light cream cheese
    1.5 tsp vanilla extract
    3 packets Truvia

Little tangy haha, but if you like Greek yogurt, I think it's close enough! My brother who despises Greek yogurt isn't a fan of the frosting, but I like it. Putting some frosting on top adds about 10 calories per muffin.

I use truvia also. Did you use half truvia half sugar? never cooked with it yet. Just use it in my hot tea.