300-calorie meals

Options
Hi guys,
I've started working with a personal trainer this week and she wants me to eat 1400 calories a day, eating every 3 hours, with 25-30 grams of protein per meal. I'm trying to collect ideas for good meals that fit the bill. My creativity is starting to run a bit low. Any meals that work well for you at 300 calories and 25-30 grams of protein? Thanks.

Replies

• bzgl40
    bzgl40 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    stir fry's. Salads topped with a ton of fresh veggies and grilled meat. Burger minus the bun with a nice side of veggies.
  • avt85
    avt85 Posts: 64
    Options
    a can of tuna in brine/spring water fits your requirement here with only 150cals. gives you 150cal to play around with for sides (ie. salads, bread, pasta, etc...).
  • sandij80
    sandij80 Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    One gram of protein equals four calories, so you can look at protein-rich food, like meat, and figure out how much you need to eat to get 25-30 grams. I just ate four ounces of really delicious roasted pork tenderloin rolled in Dijon mustard, celery seed, caraway seed and sage. 120 calories. Add something with a lot of fiber, make sure to get enough green vegetables, and you have a nutritious meal. I had a little Thai rice and steamed sugar snap peas. The whole meal was right at 300 calories.
  • justrun52
    justrun52 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite 350 calorie meal:

8 oz of Shirataki noodles boiled with beef broth --- 0 calories

4 oz of chicken tender --- 100 calories

1/4 cup of Alfredo sauce --- 110 calories

3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese --- 60 calories

1 can of canned green beans --- 80 calories

Total: 350 calories and a HUGE meal full of protein, fiber, and veggie goodness. Oh and don't forget the creamy and cheesy part ;)
  • alicialwest
    alicialwest Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing. I think I'll have that tomorrow
  • svetz
    svetz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I used to skip breakfast, but when I moved to get my protein level up between 120 -150 grams a day, I found that had to change. As a vegetarian, I have had to stretch to get to 100 as it is but a quick and easy breakfast for me has been oatmeal with protein powder mixed in. Its actually pretty yummy, and I can pair it with my soy sausage links - but you can use whichever meat item you like. For me its about 320 calories with over 35 grams of protein and almost no fat.