cwade1021
cwade1021 Posts: 95 Member
Anyone else here dairy and wheat free?

I would love to swap recipes!

Replies

• Talazws
    Talazws Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am gluten-free and vegan. There is a gluten-free vegan group here that I am in that has a recipe swap going. I'm assuming you eat meat, but you may want to try the recipes anyway-- you can always modify them. My diary is open if you need ideas, but again, no meat.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I am!
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Me, too!
  • cwade1021
    Options
    So here is my question- do you try and replace dairy with non dairy products? Because I tried a "cheese" and it was vile. I'm trying to decide if I want to find a subsitite or just forget cheese ever existed (there are decent milk and yogurt replacements but cheese is just baaad so far)
  • sarabelle0
    sarabelle0 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Non-Cheese always needs to be mixed in something or with other food, otherwise I find it really gross!
  • cwade1021
    Options
    Non-Cheese always needs to be mixed in something or with other food, otherwise I find it really gross!
    Yeah I made a quesadilla and it was pretty much like plastic LOL
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I dont know about wheatbut I know ohsheglows.com is vegan recipes
  • nortx
    nortx Posts: 130
    Options
    I am. Not sure which is the hardest thing to do - low calories, no gluten, no dairy. Doing all three makes lay awake at night planning the next day.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I'm dairy free and wheat free (among other things)

Have you tried Daiya cheese? It's quite good melted. I don't eat it other than melted/cooked, but the Pepperjack is my favourite.
  • nortx
    Options
    I have tried the daiya cheese. Just not quite a flavor I like although it does melt nicely for a grilled cheese.
  • kimsey1993
    Options
    I am dairy free and I unfortunately have yet to find a good cheese substitute as well. For the time being I have just cut it out of my diet entirely, but as time passes by the less and less I miss it!
  • nortx
    Options
    I have just discovered Nutrional Yeast. It is gluten and dairy free tastes like cheese/nutty and actually is delicious. It has the consistancy of potato flakes and I sprinkle it over popcorn, over fish, chicken. This morning I was still hungry after my So Delicious Plain yogurt and strawberris, so I gave two corn tortillas a quick spray with butter flavor Pam, toasted them in the toaster oven and sprinkled Nutrional Yeast just seconds before they were done. They were delicious and filled that empty spot. I found the can in the health section of our local Sprouts and Whole Foods. The can costs 10.99 and is the size of a coffee can. It is a source of protein and vitamins, especially the B-complex vitamins, and is a complete protein. It is also naturally low in fat and sodium and is free of sugar, dairy, and gluten.