Any other dancers out there?

Options
BeautyFromPain
BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
Hi all,

I was doing Tap, Ballet, Jazz and Hiphop from the ages of 4 til 16.
I then hurt my back and had to stop dancing, plus money started to get really tight.

I'm only just getting back into it, doing GROOVE and Zumba at a couple of different gyms and becoming an Instructor for GROOVE this weekend hopefully.

Anyone out there?

I don't think people understand how free I actually feel when I dance. :)

Replies

• lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba and aqua Zumba and am getting back into ballroom after moving to the city
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I do. I took dance all my life- tap, jazz, hip hop, belly dance and salsa. I danced until I was about 14, quit because i wanted to hang out with my friends and not be in class all the time. Took it back up when I was 18- salsa, hip hop and belly dance. Then hurt my back and had surgery when I was 21. I started taking classes again 6 months ago. I have 3 kids, so I can't take 8 classes a week. I started with Salsa since I love it and I am good at it. Belly dance starts in 2 weeks and I cannot wait.

I know how you feel when you dance. It's amazing. It's addictive.
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I can relate. Have done ballet and jazz, was on drill team for a year. As an adult I've done several ballet classes and a few belly dancing classes. Zumba is awesome, haven't done that in a while. I like to buy dance DVD's to do at home - I like Jennifer Galardi's stuff. I have her Hip Hop one and it's really fun. Not the same as being in a class, but it's close enough.
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm into pole dancing :) And I totally get what you mean by how you feel when you dance... there is something sweetly surreal about it... --and in my case, that feeling is heightened when I'm 6 feet off the ground!

Dancers unite :)
  • glamsam8
    glamsam8 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ah! I miss dance! I quit in my Junior year of high school to focus on my academics, I miss it so much! I hope to get back into it once I start college, then I get to take Zumba classes free ^^
  • tikyut
    tikyut Posts: 12
    Options
    I did Ballet from 3 to 6 . Hip hop in my teen age years and stopped after high school. I have 3 kids now (from 4 - 1) and I do Zumba . Love it!
  • phatty41
    phatty41 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I ave memories of dancing in front of the t.v to American Bandstand when I was about 3. Ive always loved to dance, it comes natural to me. I never thought I would be able to dance for a living! Ive been a Zumba instructor for 2 years now and I have seriously never been happier! Dancing brings out the best in me.
  • titsnstuff
    titsnstuff Posts: 27
    Options
    Kinda late to the game.... but I have danced all my life. I did ballet and jazz 4-16, then left and joined a belly dancing troupe for two years, and then really got into ballroom and actually taught for a few years. I thought dancing would go on hiatus once in grad school, but instead I got sucked into the burlesque community and am going to have my second performance this weekend.
    Dance is not exercise to me, it is just apart of my life the same as eating and sleeping. Once grad school is over I really hope to begin teaching ballroom again, and be able to devote more time to burlesque.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I love dancing!

bodybuilderballet.gif
  • DLaszlo
    DLaszlo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love to dance. I feel so free when I dance! I do ballet mainly but I've started contemporary and I really enjoy it. I took tap when I was younger and I'm considering starting up again over the summer!
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    ALOHA KAKOU!!!!

I've danced professional hula for going on 15 years now.

Danced with a Halau in Hawaii from 3-13 (Hula and Tahitian) then started dancing with another Halau in Jacksonville, NC (Hula, Tahitian, Samoan, Tongan) for three years and now I'm dancing with a troupe (not a halau) in Poulsbo, WA in fact I'm teaching the children's class and fill in for the instructor sometimes.

Hula to me is more than feeling free it's my culture, my history, my life and I LOVE SHARING IT WITH PEOPLE.
  • LeilaFace
    Options
    I love dancing!

bodybuilderballet.gif

I <3 You, Dude.
  • LeilaFace
    Options
    I'm into pole dancing :) And I totally get what you mean by how you feel when you dance... there is something sweetly surreal about it... --and in my case, that feeling is heightened when I'm 6 feet off the ground!

Dancers unite :)

You are badass... I've gotten to take a few pole dancing classes and I fell in love with it SO MUCH can't wait to do that again one of these days.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm a contemporary dancer.