My effing awesome NSV today

Options

Replies

• misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to lie, it's awful, every step is like "why the F am I doing this" but you get to the top and it's the most amazing feeling.
  • nat1965
    nat1965 Posts: 2
    Options
    Congratulations!! I have been hearing about the Grind for years but have never actually done it...and since I am now recovering my strength and endurance after having leg surgery I'm not going to be able to do it for awhile.

I gained lots of weight during the last couple of years because of my leg injury and am just now able to start exercising a bit more but am still dealing with limited mobility. I can totally relate to having achieved (or in your case having blown away) your goal - I felt the same way when I was finally able to do 25 minutes on the exercise bike!

Your hard work is obviously paying off!
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    That is totally awesome! And the beauty, , wow! I live in the flatlands of North Dakota -- beautiful in its own way - but wow, I'd love a workout like that! BE PROUD!
  • RayofSunshine73
    RayofSunshine73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    So great! Go! Go! Go!
  • misskerouac
    Options
    That is totally awesome! And the beauty, , wow! I live in the flatlands of North Dakota -- beautiful in its own way - but wow, I'd love a workout like that! BE PROUD!

Everytime I go away I miss B.C., I need to feel that big hug the mountains give me everyday :)
  • misty0413
    misty0413 Posts: 212
    Options
    That is sooo goood. 1 hour and 22 min. You should take someone with you and have your picture taken.
  • lanasweat
    lanasweat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow, I almost cried reading your post - you are freakin awesome! What a great accomplishment :smile:
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Incredible achievement! I love hiking. Great nsv!
  • nursenelson
    nursenelson Posts: 295
    Options
    no THANK YOU!!!
    The Grouse grind is something I WILL CONQUER one day. Of course I will have to make a weekend out of it as I am a 9 hour drive from Vancouver!
    I hike alot and would LOVE to experience that climb one day soon!
    I'm hoping in October as I have a wedding to go to then...I hope it's not covered in snow already by then!
    LOVE THE PICTURES and and hour and 22 minutes is wicked!
    Good for you
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Wonderful inspiration - thanks!
    All Is Possible!:flowerforyou:
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    you are amazing!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. And there's no way I could do it right now without dying, but I also wouldn't have been able to do it last time I was thin without dying, either. You have to be in actual good shape to do something like that. Clearly you are!
  • Tam143
    Tam143 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    way to go..I would love to add "mother nature's stairmaster" to my list of things to do
  • misskerouac
    Options
    That is sooo goood. 1 hour and 22 min. You should take someone with you and have your picture taken.

After that hike I look like poop lol, no pictures with me in it are needed
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    The Grind is my fitness goal for the summer. Thank you for the reminder to kick some butt and meet my goal.

You did awesome.
  • b_fit4life
    b_fit4life Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am from the east coast so I have never heard of this place. Looks AMAZING! Fantastic job! Keep up the great work!
  • ajball90
    ajball90 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    bumping, so i can remember it later. i want to do this!
  • chels1605
    chels1605 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I wish we had that in London!!

The most stairs I run is the ones at convent garden.... god did i say run? i meant CRAWL!!
  • misskerouac
    Options
    The Grind is my fitness goal for the summer. Thank you for the reminder to kick some butt and meet my goal.

You did awesome.

DOOOO IT!!!!! lol

It sucks every step of the way but it's so worth the feeling of accomplishment at the top. And since walking back down is prohibited, once you get to the top, you're done!!!

It was a bit wet today, some rocks were pretty slippery, but it should get better from now on
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way cool! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!