New...in need of friends!

Options
I've had the app for about a month but just discovered that there was a website to go with it! I need all the motivation, tips, etc. anyone has to offer. Its hard doing this alone! :-)

Replies

• tinahelton
    tinahelton Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You aren't alone in your journey! I have dieted/exercised...quit & started over so many times I can't count them all. Feel free to add me :)
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    Never alone with this group. Friend me up. Set mini goals. Do your best to eat your exercise calories back. Eat as much fresh food as possible ... veggies, fruits. If trying to lose weight stay away from the scale as much as possible. Concentrate on losing inches instead of pounds. A lot of people make the mistake of setting a weight goal but forget that muscle weighs more than fat. So ... may actually gain weight but lose inches. Should be enough to get you going for a while ... ;-)
  • Stephy_LP
    Stephy_LP Posts: 20
    Options
    Girl, I had the app for a year and just took advantage of all of the great ppl on here to support and encourage me and to encourage them! I'll add you! I find it so much more helpful when you have ppl cheering you on and sharing their triumphs and struggles. We are here to help each other!
  • zazoo1137
    zazoo1137 Posts: 3
    Options
    There is an app for this? Thats a cool feature
  • foxontherun03
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like. I could use another pal for support as well.
  • aliciamda
    aliciamda Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm a newbie here, too. Feel free to add me!
  • jmobashrn11
    jmobashrn11 Posts: 120
    Options
    Welcome! Add me if you'd like, but don't get mad when I comment on your diary!
  • pgprice
    pgprice Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey, only been here 3 weeks.. Add me if u like! Need new friends too
  • koolmart
    koolmart Posts: 6
    Options
    Fairly new myself, would like to have you as a friend .
  • koen612
    koen612 Posts: 83
    Options
    Welcome feel free to add me! stay motivated!
  • masked_habit
    Options
    I'm relatively new as well add me!
  • sburesh93
    sburesh93 Posts: 12
    Options
    Request just sent! :)

I'm new, new lol. And looking for friends as well :)
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    hitting my month date in just a few days....there are lots of great, supportive people here for you. you can never have to many friends or to many friends on your support team.

add if you like :flowerforyou:
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    very new myself and always looking for friends!! any one is free to add me!!
  • barbaracoffing
    barbaracoffing Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You've already lost 9 lbs, you are doing awesome!!!! Feel free to add me! Isn't the website great?
  • kwood4192
    kwood4192 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm new as well feel free to add me. I could use some support
  • Marge333
    Marge333 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    great Job on your weight loss and I too am finding out about the website, I have had the app for about 3 weeks and really loving it. I would just love to have some more friends.
  • steffers96
    steffers96 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm not new to MFP, I've been here since January and have made some great friends here!! We have about 70 people in my group & it just gets bigger & bigger!! Feel free to send me a friend request - I always love meeting new people!

A few words of advise: stay away from too much processed foods, eat lots of fresh fruits, veggies, salads, chicken and fish (I even incorporate a little pork here and there) and we do turkey burgers instead of beef, drink LOTS AND LOTS of water, and buy a measuring tape. The scale isn't as smart as you think it is!! I spent two weeks on a plateau - my scale wouldn't budge - but I was also measuring myself and I'd lost 3.5 inches. Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat - a pound of muscle and a pound of fat weigh the same - a pound of anything weighs the same - BUT - muscle is denser which will remove the inches but won't show up on your scale. Don't get discouraged either - I've been trying to lose weigh for at least 5 years but kept sliding back into my old ways - but having to log in every day on MFP and all my friends holding me accountable, it's really helped me out big time!! I'm down 35lbs and its awesome!!! Make sure you change your settings so all your friends can see your food diary - trust me - sometimes you might not want your friends to see it, but that's where the support comes in!!

Currently in in the last week of month one of the "Insanity" workout and I'm really enjoying it, but I lost 99% of my weight prior to doing this workout and did it by walking, jogging (not running), free weights and sit ups, along with eating healthier. This is my lifestyle change, not a diet. Diets are temporary - this new me is here to stay!!! :)

I'm steffers96 - look me up!! Best of luck to you!!! :)
  • 80ld
    80ld Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Fell free to add me too :)
  • froglady98
    froglady98 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm new at this too! Feel free to add me!