June Starters - November 16th

Options
No change for me this week ... hopefully next week will be different now that I joined the gym. Woo hoo!
Good luck everyone and here's to a great week.

SW 208.5
LW 176
CW 176

Replies

• shannahrenee
    Options
    saving for wednesday. I don't expect much, I had a crappy weekend food wise :grumble:
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    SW: 253.4 lbs (June 26)
    LW: 204.0
    CW: 199.6

Progress this week: - 4.4 lbs
    Total Progress: - 53.8 lbs

:bigsmile: I am in ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

Not sure if the green tea extract I started taking this week helped give me the bigger loss but I'll gladly take it!

I finished the C25K program and now have to maintain it. Although to be honest I am not as in like with it as many of you are. I feel proud and accomplished when I finish the run but don't really enjoy it when I am doing it... maybe that will change though so I am going to stick with it.

I think I am going to start using the rowing machine too now. I used to be on an amateur rowing team back in my leaner days and I hope to take the sport back up again this summer so I'd better start practicing...lol.

Well I hope you all have a great week!!! :drinker:

T
  • linnebooc
    linnebooc Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    SW - 300
    LW - 272
    CW - 271

1 pound lost. I'll take it.
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    I'm glad everyone enjoys the spreadsheet. I know I do. :wink:

I think I'm getting sick. I feel really crappy already. Of course I'd get sick. I have this great amazing weekend planned and I can't think of anything worse than being sick the whole time. I'm really frustrated and my fiance isn't home from hunting yet which means I slept terribly all weekend and I just want to lay down but I'm at work because no one can do anything without me.

I think it's time I asked for a raise. (I haven't had one in 2 years. grrrrrrrrrrr.)

Deep breaths, long sighs, lots of vitamin C.

Hope your all having a better monday than I am.
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Just finished my first round of delivering mail at work and I'm taking a little break. Thought I'd jump in here and give a quick update. I had my assessment done at the gym yesterday and all in all it wasn't too bad. No real surprises ... I need to work on my upper body strength but overall I'm of average fitness ... not too shabby ... thought I was in the less then average fitness level :happy: I did get one surprise yesterday that made me love my trainer ... all my life I haven't been able to do a sit up. She told me it's because of my apple body shape ... she had me lie down with my knees up and I tried to do the sit up but it just wasn't happening ... then she handed me a 10 lb. ball to hold in my hands over my head and told me to try again. I thought she was crazy, if I can't do it with no weight in my hands how can I do it with 10 extra pounds??? Well it's all in the momentum ... my torso was too heavy compared to my arms and once I added extra weight to my arms the sit ups happened ... I was so excited I did 10 of them with ease!!!! Why didn't anyone show me this before? Autumn (my trainer) said it's because she's the best trainer in the world ... frankly ... I agree. This picture shows what I did except I had my feet on the floor.

core-abdominal-and-lower-back-exercises-14.jpg
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Datenshi - Congrats on being in the 100's!!! Your amazing! 54lbs that's amazing!!! Thanks for the great inspiration.

Mags - Congrat on the gym. And good job for being avg fitness! When you started this journey in June do you think you would have been? That's an accomplishment, a great one!

Well weigh is Wednesday...we'll see:ohwell: Today is my anniversary and yesterday was...well....not so great:embarassed: Guess Jillian Michaels & I will have to kick extra butt tonight:laugh:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options

Tammy Tammy Tammy ... YAY YAY YAY!!! I love ONEderland!!

CongratsfairySBT.jpg
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options

Congratulations! That's fantastic.
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options

Yay!!!!! Congratulations! I can't imagine how good that feels! -blows party noise maker-

I must admit...

SW: 303
    LW: 269
    CW: 271.7

I gained nearly 3 pounds! I knew I was doing poorly and I didn't change it on the weekend. I went down to the pizza shop and pigged out on garlic knots. -sigh-

But no time to mope about. I've gone 2 weeks without a loss now, and I plan on changing that this week. I'm going to try to lose all 2.7 pounds if possible this week. I'm not going to starve myself but I am going to ramp up my exercise. I have to go down to the shop again this saturday, but I'm going to bring a ton of low calorie snacks so every time I want to eat a slice of pizza or a set of garlic knots, I can munch on an apple or some cheese or something instead. And I'm going to bring my own lunch too. No reason not to after all: they've got a microwave and a 500 degree oven I can use.

Any suggestions on how to get some more exercise in? November is a crazy month for me, so I'm pretty low on time and really, actually can not make it to the gym.

I'm taking 5 classes, watching a 4 year old part time (2 - 5:30), my tuesday night cake class, and trying to write a 50,000 word novel by November 30th (National Novel Writing Month - I've got 19,000 words so far... I'm a bit behind). I don't have the time for the hour and a half it takes to go do a half hour work out at my gym, except maybe at like, 8 o clock at night. What are some good things I can do to up my calorie burn?

Other than taking the stairs and parking further away, which I'm already planning on doing.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options

Not sure if the green tea extract I started taking this week helped give me the bigger loss but I'll gladly take it!

I finished the C25K program and now have to maintain it. Although to be honest I am not as in like with it as many of you are. I feel proud and accomplished when I finish the run but don't really enjoy it when I am doing it... maybe that will change though so I am going to stick with it.

I think I am going to start using the rowing machine too now. I used to be on an amateur rowing team back in my leaner days and I hope to take the sport back up again this summer so I'd better start practicing...lol.

Well I hope you all have a great week!!! :drinker:

T

OH. MY. WORD!!!! You are amazing!!!! Congratulations... You are under 200 lbs!!!! I am so proud of you and so motivated by you!!! YOu will have to give a little more info on this green tea extract... My weight is really slow to come off these days and it gets really discouraging.... I would really like to try anything that would aid diet and exercise... 4.4 lbs is an amazing loss...
    Congrats on finishing the C25K!!! I have yet to start back on it... I seriously need to do that!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I'm glad everyone enjoys the spreadsheet. I know I do. :wink:

I think I'm getting sick. I feel really crappy already. Of course I'd get sick. I have this great amazing weekend planned and I can't think of anything worse than being sick the whole time. I'm really frustrated and my fiance isn't home from hunting yet which means I slept terribly all weekend and I just want to lay down but I'm at work because no one can do anything without me.

I think it's time I asked for a raise. (I haven't had one in 2 years. grrrrrrrrrrr.)

Deep breaths, long sighs, lots of vitamin C.

Hope your all having a better monday than I am.

I hope you are feeling better soon.. We LOVE the spreadsheets and really appreciate your time and effort keeping it updated...
    Good luck on the raise... YOu should totally ask for one!! Sounds like you really deserve it!!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Just finished my first round of delivering mail at work and I'm taking a little break. Thought I'd jump in here and give a quick update. I had my assessment done at the gym yesterday and all in all it wasn't too bad. No real surprises ... I need to work on my upper body strength but overall I'm of average fitness ... not too shabby ... thought I was in the less then average fitness level :happy: I did get one surprise yesterday that made me love my trainer ... all my life I haven't been able to do a sit up. She told me it's because of my apple body shape ... she had me lie down with my knees up and I tried to do the sit up but it just wasn't happening ... then she handed me a 10 lb. ball to hold in my hands over my head and told me to try again. I thought she was crazy, if I can't do it with no weight in my hands how can I do it with 10 extra pounds??? Well it's all in the momentum ... my torso was too heavy compared to my arms and once I added extra weight to my arms the sit ups happened ... I was so excited I did 10 of them with ease!!!! Why didn't anyone show me this before? Autumn (my trainer) said it's because she's the best trainer in the world ... frankly ... I agree. This picture shows what I did except I had my feet on the floor.

core-abdominal-and-lower-back-exercises-14.jpg

YAY!!! Autumn ROCKS!!! :drinker:
  • kandyjo
    Options

Yay!!!!! Congratulations! I can't imagine how good that feels! -blows party noise maker-

I must admit...

I gained nearly 3 pounds! I knew I was doing poorly and I didn't change it on the weekend. I went down to the pizza shop and pigged out on garlic knots. -sigh-

But no time to mope about. I've gone 2 weeks without a loss now, and I plan on changing that this week. I'm going to try to lose all 2.7 pounds if possible this week. I'm not going to starve myself but I am going to ramp up my exercise. I have to go down to the shop again this saturday, but I'm going to bring a ton of low calorie snacks so every time I want to eat a slice of pizza or a set of garlic knots, I can munch on an apple or some cheese or something instead. And I'm going to bring my own lunch too. No reason not to after all: they've got a microwave and a 500 degree oven I can use.

Any suggestions on how to get some more exercise in? November is a crazy month for me, so I'm pretty low on time and really, actually can not make it to the gym.

I'm taking 5 classes, watching a 4 year old part time (2 - 5:30), my tuesday night cake class, and trying to write a 50,000 word novel by November 30th (National Novel Writing Month - I've got 19,000 words so far... I'm a bit behind). I don't have the time for the hour and a half it takes to go do a half hour work out at my gym, except maybe at like, 8 o clock at night. What are some good things I can do to up my calorie burn?

Other than taking the stairs and parking further away, which I'm already planning on doing.

I LOVE your attitude about your gain... Get back in there and lose that gain!!!
    Taking your own lunch sounds like the thing to do.... Sounds like you have a game plan!!

GEtting in some extra calorie burning exercise is really easy actually.... take 10 minute breaks from studying or writing or whatever and do some jumping jacks, some butt kicks ...any thing to get your heartrate up... Play "chase" with the 4 yr old you babysit... they will LOVE IT and it will get in some cardio of you.... Just add in whatever you can, whenever you can.... Turn up the music and dance your booty off :laugh: Get creative with your cardio... you can get it in!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options

I must admit...

If you can squeeze 20 minutes into your schedule (which looks quite full!) then I HIGHLY suggest 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels, $10 at Wal-Mart and seriously 20 minutes of butt kickin' exercise.
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Well I had no change this week. Thats not true exactly, I had a gain over the weekend and worked my butt off the past 3 days to get back to where I was last week. I am totally irritated with myself. I am trying to remind myself I am in the 150's for the first time in 4 years ( although then the 150's were just a fleeting on my journey up in pregnancy). I need to figure this out, I was doing so well, and feeling so positive. All the sudden I am back to my self sabotaging ways. :ohwell:

LW 158
    TW 158
  • shannahrenee
    Options
    LW: 189
    CW: 190.5

Boo! I knew I was terrible this week and now I'm feeling sick, no fun. I would really like to be back down to 189 by Thanksgiving.
  • schlieffen
    Options
    I haven't officially weighed in this week yet, because I don't really understand what's going on. On Saturday I was 143.8, then Sunday 144.2 (no worries, random fluctuations). Then on Sunday afternoon I went out and played soccer for 2 hours, ate most of my exercise calories and weighed in Monday at 145. Ok, whatever, it'll settle back down. Monday after work I went to the gym and did some elliptical, then Tuesday (yes I am a compulsive everyday weigher :blushing:) I tipped the scales at 145.8 :noway: This morning I checked and I was 146.0! The most I've gone over my calories since Sunday has been 20, I've been exercising, drinking all my water, never come close to going over on sodium, no alcohol, and I GAIN 2.2 lbs?! :angry: It's not my TOM (though I thankfully rarely gain then anyway!), I just don't understand what is causing the significant gain over such a short span. I'm normally very consistent throughout the week, fluctuating only about a pound. It's just very frustrating.
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    I forgot to weigh in this morning. I went to bed at 7 last night because I don't feel good. :frown: I'll weigh in Friday morning but I'll miss the ss, it's ok though since I'm wearing my size 9 jeans. Yay! I have 5 pair of 9's (I kept all my clothes as I got bigger.) and all but 1 pair fit! This is where I was when i met my fiance. :love: When he got back from hunting he said I look exactly like I did when we forst met. (I also got my hair done the way I used to wear it. :wink: ) That's exciting!!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    SW 176.5
    LW 148.8
    CW 147.6

*Wish me luck...my goal is to lose 1.1 by next Tuesday my thirty something birthday which will be 30lbs:bigsmile:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    I forgot to weigh in this morning. I went to bed at 7 last night because I don't feel good. :frown: I'll weigh in Friday morning but I'll miss the ss, it's ok though since I'm wearing my size 9 jeans. Yay! I have 5 pair of 9's (I kept all my clothes as I got bigger.) and all but 1 pair fit! This is where I was when i met my fiance. :love: When he got back from hunting he said I look exactly like I did when we forst met. (I also got my hair done the way I used to wear it. :wink: ) That's exciting!!

AWESOME!!!