42 year old mom/teacher looking for friends/support:)

Options
Please feel free to add me:) I just joined this site a few days ago, and LOVE it!!!!! I never realized how everything I put in my mouth added up until now! I love how you you can track your exercise for more calories and scan your foods and it does it all for you. 60lbs seems so overwhelming, especially with all my health problems---but I see other people doing it with their before and after pictures and I feel so motivated, and everyone seems very supportive offer great advice. I'm off for the summer and have lots of time to devote now, but I'm worried what will happen in the fall when I have to go back to work. What recommendations do people have for carving time out of the schedules to make room for exercise?

Replies

• graceklein
    graceklein Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good job joining myfitnesspal.com. It really is a good site. It's amazing adding up your food and finding out if you are over or under. My problem is that I don't eat enough. I'm not trying to starve myself, but when I started tracking my calories I found that I consistently was only eating about 1200 calories, but working out a lot. So, my body was holding onto every morsel and I plateaued really quickly. So, I started adding more calorie dense foods like nuts and avocado. I didn't want to eat any more though. I felt stuffed if I made myself eat larger meals. So, that's how I am doing it. Good luck!!! You can do it!!!! Just take baby steps to reach your goal.
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. :)
  • edie2012
    edie2012 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi I just joined this group tonight my goal is 60 lbs too so maybe we can encourage each other I've just retired and an home alone everyday or night whichever shift my husband works and I have a terrible time with eating when I'm bored I just want to eat all the time.
  • pamlaney
    pamlaney Posts: 14
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. We can encourage each other and share tips.