Help i'm dying!!!

Options
Puggy33
Puggy33 Posts: 300
As you can tell in my picture I got my *kitten* kicked by the almighty sun and i'm not a big fan of the battle wounds.

I've heard all of the cures for sunburn from milk, to vinegar, to having my buddy pee all over my shoulders in an R-Kelly type fasion and I was just trying to get the general population vote on how to subdue this savage beast.

I have a double header tomorrow and I really would like to swing the bat without crying like someones 2 year old who didn't get an ice cream cone.

So please help me find alternatives! That R-kelly thing doesn't sound pleasant at ALL lol.

Replies

• gnarlynoodle
    gnarlynoodle Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Find a lactating woman and have her hook your skin up. It seriously works. I understand that may be a tad difficult to come by ;)
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Wow...you are fried! Try some Aloe.
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Banana Boat makes this blue stuff for sunburns... it takes the heat out quickly and helps it feel much better. You can get it at most places like walmart, shopko, etc I think. Also Aloe Vera works wonders!
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    What has helped me is rubbing a ice cube all over the sun burn and then applying aloe vera gel. It helps keep it cool.

As far as the double header tomorrow- please make sure to cover up the sunburn, because even with sunscreen on, you will still burn even more!!

I have heard of vinegar, don't know if it works- you can also take advil or tylenol for the pain if its really bad- but really, keep putting aloe on it and stay outta the sun!
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Aloe Vera Gel (It's the green stuff). It tends to work well... Good luck!
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    wow thats no good, you look like you are in pain :( My mom use to soak a towel in vinegar and lay it over the burn... it would take the sting and heat out...also aloe vera works well.
  • laverne325
    laverne325 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    WET COOL TOWELS, HYDRATE, HYDRATE, HYDRATE.
  • Puggy33
    Puggy33 Posts: 300
    Options
    My fav method right now is vicodin and jack daniels...tends to help with the pain lol (j/k)

I have been doing the aloe thing and that is about it...

Finding a lactating girl to spray me with milk is about as bad as having my buddy pee on me, minus the fact i'd get to see a sweet pair instead of some nathan's all beef franks. Not to mention I don't have the balls to walk up to a girl and be like "hey baby how bout you lactate some of that on my shoulders" I'd probley end up making the next 2 girls one cup video...
  • BruteSquad
    BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Ibuprofen, aloe

Rinse wash repeat.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    get aloe now. Put it in the fridge. Once it is cold, use it. it will help it hydrate, the cold will take away the swelling (where a lot of the pain comes from) and will soothe it. Also, solarcaine for the sting will help between aloe applications. Take ibuprofen (800s if you got em) to help with the inflammation.

Source: Florida girl who has done this once a year for nearly 30 years.......
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I got a bad sunburn last month from doing gardening in my back yard. I remember when I was a child my mother always put NIVEA lotion on my body after a good sun burn. She states some people even use it as sunblock. I used it and felt a whole of a lot better the next day. Now NIVEA makes many kinds of lotions but the most effective one is the old school one the one in a blue jar that is really thick. Just rub it really good on your burn over night. Good Luck and OUCH!

Edit to add: I didnt peel I just kept applying the NIVEA

images.jpg
  • whs7771
    whs7771 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Noxzema worked great for me. You just have to get past the smell. Follow the link below to the LiveStrong website.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/188910-how-to-treat-sunburn-with-noxzema/
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Your skin is inflamed.... try some Advil in between your vicodin does. Advil is an anti-inflamation medication. Take 2 every 6 hours for a couple days.

PS... I am not a doctor.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Aloe with Lidocain.
  • gnarlynoodle
    gnarlynoodle Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Aloe with Lidocain.

This, too, since you're not rocking a big enough pair to ask random women to spray you with their boob juice ;)
  • greeneyedaries
    greeneyedaries Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    FULL FAT SOUR CREAM!! Got burnt really severe at the beach, stopped in at the grocery store and this really nice lady said, put full fat sour cream on the burn. This really worked..Took the burn out almost instantly, but took months for the peeling to stop...
  • Cambrendle
    Cambrendle Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Noxzema worked great for me. You just have to get past the smell. Follow the link below to the LiveStrong website.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/188910-how-to-treat-sunburn-with-noxzema/

This has always worked great for me - takes the sting out, but need to reapply often
    Lidocaine aloe is pretty bomb too, but a teensy pricey
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Pee is for jellyfish stings.....duh.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Brew up a big pot of black tea (let it cool) and dab it on with a washcloth. Do not rinse it off. Repeat as needed. It's cheap and it works.

Oh, and wear sunscreen next time. durr
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Here is what I posted when you said you were a lobster yesterday: This is what we did for my son (he had really bad sunburn). use green aloe (make sure no alcohol) and apply to skin. let it soak in. put noxema on your burned skin to dry out any blisters. it will also shorten your 9eeling time. dont shower. wake up, shower, do aloe and than noxema again. take a bath in a milk soak (it's in the beauty aisle). good as new in a few days.