I need to vent this!!

Options
I just need to get this off my chest bc its upsetting me a bit. There is this girl in our office temporarily, we thought we were getting along with her you know not great but good. Then my coworker open up her twitter feed and this girl has been posting horrible things about us on there. One in particular got to me, she was making conversation with me abt my workouts and my diet, i went on to tell her that i was working on it bc i struggle with an eating disorder, this is hard for me bc i'm still struggling with it. Well she went on to post abt it on twitter something abt if i wanted to look great i needed to eat great and if i wanted to look ok then i should eat ok, I was hurt!!! Yes I realize she is younger than I am and that it is a social network but i dnt appreciate trusting someone with this and then they turn around and do that what is wrong with her?!

This is exactly why i dnt tell ppl abt this!! =((

Vent over! sorry i just had to get it off my chest =(

Replies

• _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Confront her.

And sorry, but most places I have worked **** like that is against company policy "posting work related stuff on social networking sites.

Girl needs a reality check.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    well, I would say just dont talk to her. Dont tell her anything personal. But, dont stoop to her level or anything like that. She is very immature
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I'm terribly sorry she did that!! But evenmoreso than how utterly unprofessional and immature this is, it's probably against company policy and I hope you take it straight to HR.
  • jenbk2
    jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I definitely would confront her. That is horrible !
  • Meisterberger
    Options
    Confront her and don't speak to her about anything outside of business. Also, if you're so inclined, take it to HR. They should do something about it.
  • Andie_loops
    Options
    I was honestly planning on just not talking to her at all, i hate drama and i just want to be done with her. my coworker wants to confront her too, maybe just go to HR and they can deal with her.
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'm terribly sorry she did that!! But evenmoreso than how utterly unprofessional and immature this is, it's probably against company policy and I hope you take it straight to HR.

Yep, what Kort said. I wouldn't confront her yourself - if you have an HR department, that is the place to take it. Or, to a supervisor if you don't have an HR department. Sorry that happened... sounds like this girl doesn't know how to behave in a professional setting.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    We'll posse up! Where's this ***** live????
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

Mmmmhmmm.
  • muchadoaboutme2000
    muchadoaboutme2000 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Take it to HR so you don't get in trouble for any sort of "perceived harassment". Also, when she gets fired, I will take her job! LOL #brokeasajoke
  • traceyjayne1964
    traceyjayne1964 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You need to definitely do something about this, its outrageous!!

A couple of years ago an ex friend of my daughters who worked in a maternity hospital, looked up my daughters notes and gave some very personal details about her over the pages of facebook...i was horrified as was my poor daughter.
    I scanned and kept the said pages then got in touch with the hospital.
    Because i was able to give proof of the wrongdoing and of course give a name the girl was dismissed immediately.

It didn't help my daughter at the time but i sure as hell felt better !!!:angry:
  • mgero212
    mgero212 Posts: 96
    Options
    what is her twitter user name? I would love to see what this girl has to say.
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    people with small minds talk about people

People with great minds talk about ideas...

she is a girl with a small mind that should grow up......you are WAY better than this, so please try not to get sucked down by her issues....you are awesome and are doing what is best for you...
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    What a horrible individual! Don't speak to her, if she asks why then just turn around and tell her straight that you don't appreciate her judging you and putting it on the internet for public viewing! Ask her how she would feel if you had put a comment on there saying something like "oh got my workmates skirt is short and her pants are faded and full of holes" Just tell her you would rather not be associated with someone who can do things like that and you will only be speaking to her in a professional capacity if you have to from now on

I WOULD inform HR, If you don't want the drama of it then tell them that you don't want it taken any further but you do want a record of it to be made due to the fact its completely unprofessional to be doing that at work. I'd be livid if I was you and I think your actually being extremely calm about it compared to what I would have done!
  • TRISTAR
    TRISTAR Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    What she puts on Twitter is her business. Unless she openly names and put the companies name into disrepute, she hasn't officially done anything wrong. I know that's not what you'd want to hear but it's true. If you did want to say something, you could always speak to her privately saying you were on Twitter hoping to add her, and you came across it, and it upset you.
  • Nelliebird1430
    Options

LOL!! Love it! :wink:
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I'd go to HR. You can't post stuff like that on Twitter.. she can get in a lot of trouble!
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Or just send us all her twitter name and we can get revenge for you.... ;-) (Joking)
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Some people never grow up and some thrive on drama.
  • TRISTAR
    TRISTAR Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Why would it be anything to do with HR? If she did it on a company machine, in company time yes, but I can't see in the post where it says that.
    What a horrible individual! Don't speak to her, if she asks why then just turn around and tell her straight that you don't appreciate her judging you and putting it on the internet for public viewing! Ask her how she would feel if you had put a comment on there saying something like "oh got my workmates skirt is short and her pants are faded and full of holes" Just tell her you would rather not be associated with someone who can do things like that and you will only be speaking to her in a professional capacity if you have to from now on

I WOULD inform HR, If you don't want the drama of it then tell them that you don't want it taken any further but you do want a record of it to be made due to the fact its completely unprofessional to be doing that at work. I'd be livid if I was you and I think your actually being extremely calm about it compared to what I would have done!