I need to vent this!!

Options

Replies

• shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    the block twitter and fb on company computers but they unblocked it for her and that is when she is posting all of this through the company computer on company time!

blah i'm just ignoring her i dnt want to associate with her at all anymore!

Don't let her run over you---jus sayin. I would absolutely present this to my boss SIMPLY for the fact that they are aware that this is exactly why social media should be blocked at worked.... Except for MFP :) thank goodness!
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I would say pick your battles. She was pretty immature with her posting but you are now posting about her on a public site so be careful. You don't have to participate in her drama. Just go about your business, do your job, speak to her if she speaks to you and leave it at that. Especially since she is temporary and will be gone soon. Also, since she is using company computer she may be digging her own grave. Companies monitor these sites.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Confront her.

Exactly. You'll scare the **** out of her if you mention it. People lose their big bad front when they aren't on the computer.
  • cburky911
    cburky911 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm terribly sorry she did that!! But evenmoreso than how utterly unprofessional and immature this is, it's probably against company policy and I hope you take it straight to HR.

Yes, unprofessional. Yes, immature. Against company policy...probably not. The tweet was about a personal conversation that two co-workers had about a non-work related subject. Going to HR...I have to disagree. Either approach this co-worker in an adult professional manner, or let it go knowing that, in the future, don't say anything to her that you would have a problem with her repeating.
  • twistofcain
    twistofcain Posts: 190
    Options
    the block twitter and fb on company computers but they unblocked it for her and that is when she is posting all of this through the company computer on company time!

Strange IT Department you have. When we block something at work it stays blocked.
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    i am all about confronting someone that does me wrong, but she might just tweet what you said to her. I would leave it alone and just not talk to her anymore. Don't go to HR, you don't want her to loose her job do you? I would hate to see someone loose a job during this time.

if you find out her twitter name please pass it along I am sure we can have some fun with her.
  • Andie_loops
    Options

Strange IT Department you have. When we block something at work it stays blocked.

They unblocked for her "marketing research"
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Horrible! Don't let a snotty little brat get you down!
  • Fictionista
    Fictionista Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Happened to me too - the guy was vaguely creepy and definitely not interested in being even civil to the rest of us. Unfortunately, we didn't find his twitter feed until after he quit.

This girl sounds really insecure - just try your best to ignore her. If you want to say something, go ahead, but know that it's probably not going to make a difference to her. She doesn't sound mature enough to understand why or how her actions are hurtful.

And good luck on your loss :smile:
  • 345monahan
    345monahan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I sure understand your anger. Any time someone betrays my trust I have the same feelings. It is extremely hard to develop trusting relationships because of the age of social networking.

I hope you feel a great deal of pride in all of your efforts to recover from an eating disorder. You are having to work very hard, constantly, every day to keep yourself healthy ......a very, very difficult journey.

It is very scary to let people to know your faults and weaknesses but there are many, many examples of television and movie stars who have had to publicly admit their problems (such as substance abuse or failed relationships) --- when the information is made public, everyone really wants that person to succeed in their recovery. It can be very freeing to have people know these very personal issues. and you might get support from others that you might not have had before this girl betrayed you.

This girl is obviously not your friend and she is emotionally bankrupt. She tries to fill her messed up head by getting attention from others. I would confront her and tell her that you are angry that she betrayed your trust and let her know that your friendship is over. Do not except her excuses for her behavior....people who act the way she did cannot be trusted. They make excuses so they can feel better about themselves. Hopefully she will some day try to recover from her emotional problems.

It might be a good time to make a list of the qualities you want in your friends. Then don't settle for anything less before you share personal information.

You are a strong person -- you are wise to vent. I know you can move on from this.
  • brianyeager
    Options
    Look, I know it is horrible what she did. However, confronting her will not help. She will take that to Twitter too. It will make you look bad because she's a dirt bag. Consider a pig... If you want to tackle a pig in the mud you're going to come out dirty too. We live in a messed up world. People like to hurt people. Just rise above this and take it out on a punching bag or something. From now on, guard what you say to her and others like her. Don't give her the pleasure of knowing this hurt you. As our Lord says: "Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him" (Proverbs 26:4).
  • 345monahan
    345monahan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I sure understand your anger. Any time someone betrays my trust I have the same feelings. It is extremely hard to develop trusting relationships because of the age of social networking.

I hope you feel a great deal of pride in all of your efforts to recover from an eating disorder. You are having to work very hard, constantly, every day to keep yourself healthy ......a very, very difficult journey.

It is very scary to let people to know your faults and weaknesses but there are many, many examples of television and movie stars who have had to publicly admit their problems (such as substance abuse or failed relationships) --- when the information is made public, everyone really wants that person to succeed in their recovery. It can be very freeing to have people know these very personal issues. and you might get support from others that you might not have had before this girl betrayed you.

This girl is obviously not your friend and she is emotionally bankrupt. She tries to fill her messed up head by getting attention from others. I would confront her and tell her that you are angry that she betrayed your trust and let her know that your friendship is over. Do not except her excuses for her behavior....people who act the way she did cannot be trusted. They make excuses so they can feel better about themselves. Hopefully she will some day try to recover from her emotional problems.

It might be a good time to make a list of the qualities you want in your friends. Then don't settle for anything less before you share personal information.

You are a strong person -- you are wise to vent. I know you can move on from this.
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options

They unblocked for her "marketing research"

Our company doesn't 'block' fb or twitter bc some people's jobs require them to use it. But they do monitor how it is being used. Perhaps the situation will take care of itself and she will be reprimanded for misusing it.

If not, don't waste your time or energy on her. She obvi doesn't know how to keep a professional work relationship.
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    What she puts on Twitter is her business. Unless she openly names and put the companies name into disrepute, she hasn't officially done anything wrong. I know that's not what you'd want to hear but it's true. If you did want to say something, you could always speak to her privately saying you were on Twitter hoping to add her, and you came across it, and it upset you.

I believe this is true. Unless she specifically used your name on the Twitter feed, she can get away with this kind of immature behavior.
    Atleast now you know that you should not share personel info with her.
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Kick her *kitten* sea bass. Go 6th grade and drag her out behind the playground.
  • HeartME511healthy
    HeartME511healthy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I just need to get this off my chest bc its upsetting me a bit. There is this girl in our office temporarily, we thought we were getting along with her you know not great but good. Then my coworker open up her twitter feed and this girl has been posting horrible things about us on there. One in particular got to me, she was making conversation with me abt my workouts and my diet, i went on to tell her that i was working on it bc i struggle with an eating disorder, this is hard for me bc i'm still struggling with it. Well she went on to post abt it on twitter something abt if i wanted to look great i needed to eat great and if i wanted to look ok then i should eat ok, I was hurt!!! Yes I realize she is younger than I am and that it is a social network but i dnt appreciate trusting someone with this and then they turn around and do that what is wrong with her?!

This is exactly why i dnt tell ppl abt this!! =((

Vent over! sorry i just had to get it off my chest =(

Interesting, a friend of mine was just admonishing us about these social networks. As private as we may want some things in our lives is lost due to these sites. And at time you may trust someone with private things, until something goes wrong then your entire life is exposed. I am sorry to hear this happened and yes you may want to say something or not depending on your strength to speak out. However, we for the most part have a eating disorder and that is where we come here to be upfront and honest to ourselves, don't kick yourself in the butt about it overcome it if you can and move forward and allow this experience to strengthen you in some way of fashion. I struggled with this too at times, and also other issues like being compared to my sister all the time and now that I am finally at a good weight I thought I would get away from that comparison however nope it is now at a different angle and at times sickening but what can I do? I can't tell people how to act, respond or be careful since we are not sure how words affect one way or another. So I say use this experience to STRENGTHEN you, use it to drive you to reach your goals, use it to say can't trust anyone.
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    She sounds like an idiot. If she tweets about her work place, but doesn't privatize her tweets then she deserves people confronting her about it. I know how it feels to be talked about on social networks like Twitter so I would ask her about it, you and your co-workers shouldn't have to put up with it.
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    So to retaliate for her talking trash about you on twitter, you're going to talk trash about her on MFP.... :huh:

What you've done is probably no different than what she did. Did she name you by name? Do any of her Twitter friends know you personally?
    She was probably just venting her feelings the same way you are now. Would she be offended if she pulled up your MFP account?

Pot, meet Kettle.
  • Andie_loops
    Options

Thank you! i definately will not be conversing with her any more so sad that there are ppl that do this kind of thing though!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    So to retaliate for her talking trash about you on twitter, you're going to talk trash about her on MFP.... :huh:

What you've done is probably no different than what she did. Did she name you by name? Do any of her Twitter friends know you personally?
    She was probably just venting her feelings the same way you are now. Would she be offended if she pulled up your MFP account?

Pot, meet Kettle.

Are you serious? Let's get a little perspective here.

The OP isn't sharing personal stuff with us about the girl like her eating disorder nor is she criticizing or condemning the girl for it. That type of reckless behavior can have a damaging impact on someone who is struggling mentally and emotionally with their relationship with food. Tweeting her feelings about the OP's eating disorder (coincidentally she really isn't even entitled to have an opinion on that) constitutes as cyberbullying giving the potential harm that it could have caused. I'm glad the OP has MFP as a support system. Maybe venting here kept her from binging and purging.