In 9 weeks?!

SelkieDiver
SelkieDiver Posts: 260 Member
We have had a Better Body Challenge going at work since May 1st. We weigh in every week on a Tania scale that calculates body weight, body fat %, total body water, lean muscle mass, BMI, and BMR. There are prizes for the top 4 finishers. 2st place gets a local weekend trip with massage, breakfast, fitness classes and champagne/chocolate, 2nd place gets $200, 3rd gets $100 and 4th gets $50.

I had my last weigh in this morning. I was in second place at the last weigh in so I'm hoping this last one is enough to put me in first. the big surprise is even if I don't take the prize I already won! In 9 weeks I have lost 20.6lbs and 5.3% body fat! I am within 10 lbs of my goal weight and I didn't lose any muscle mass, either. I'm on the verge of getting out of the Overweight BMI category for the first time ever in my life. And most importantly, I feel great!!

What a difference 9 weeks can make!

Replies

• dehajl1
    dehajl1 Posts: 10 Member
    Fantastic!! Do tell what you have been doing....
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    You got this win I know you are going to be the winner:)
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    This is fantastic news!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,851 Member
    Congrats on all your success!!!
  • SelkieDiver
    SelkieDiver Posts: 260 Member
    Fantastic!! Do tell what you have been doing....

I've been following Dr. Fuhrman's book "Eat to Live". The goal is to become a Nutritarian which is his way of saying to eat foods that are as nutritionally dense as possible per calorie. Health = Nutrients/Calories. So what he recommends is a plant-based diet, high in leafy greens, veggies, beans with fruit, nuts/seeds and complex whole grain carbs. No added processed fats - you get good fats from nuts/seeds avocados and flax. The ideal is to do this 90% of the time, and the 10% of other things you may want (for me its the occasional bit of cheese or wine/beer). I haven't felt deprived and haven't had any food cravings. Its really quite amazing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!