Would love a support buddy!!

Options
Hello All,
I would love a support buddy. I joined MFP yesterday and since doing so have been making much better food choices. I haven't binged either (that is a really good thing for me as I tend to skip meals and then get hungry and pop in carbs and junk food). I have read some of the posts and find this site wonderful.

I would love to meet moms/dads, or anyone for that matter who is like myself seeking encouragement and motivation along my journey that would like to chat and keep in touch while going through this process.

Wishing everyone a very successful week.
PS. How often does everyone usually weigh in? I used to do it everyday but have thought about once a week now!

Replies

• InTheMoney
    InTheMoney Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hello All,
    I would love a support buddy. I joined MFP yesterday and since doing so have been making much better food choices. I haven't binged either (that is a really good thing for me as I tend to skip meals and then get hungry and pop in carbs and junk food). I have read some of the posts and find this site wonderful.

I would love to meet moms/dads, or anyone for that matter who is like myself seeking encouragement and motivation along my journey that would like to chat and keep in touch while going through this process.

Wishing everyone a very successful week.
    PS. How often does everyone usually weigh in? I used to do it everyday but have thought about once a week now!

Congratulations on your choice to be healthy. If you need help, I'm here.
    Weighing in once a week would be the shortest time between weigh-ins. If you go less it will play with your mind. You're much better off feeling th edifference in how your clothes fit and how you feel when you do everyday things that would leave you puffing before this.
    Personal thing is to make sure you drink enough water. At least eight 8 ounce glasses of water daily.
    And if you try and plan out your food the day before you won't have the tendency to skip any meals.
    And Proteins fill you up for longer more than carbs.
    You can always message me if you want.
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    So glad you're here! I'd love to be your buddy and help keep you accountable while you do the same for me! :wink:

I found this site in the spring and lost 34 pounds. After a huge slack off I went to the gym today and learned that I gained back 14 pounds! I've never wanted to punch myself in the face more! :grumble:

So, once again here I am and obvioulsy in desperate need of being here. This site is great - take advantage of all the features and great support from other members. Private message me ANY TIME! Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:

Katie
  • bizymama
    Options
    Welcome!! This is the best site!! Best of luck in reaching your weight loss goals! :flowerforyou:
  • jhb090107
    Options
    I could use a support buddy.

I'm kind of a newbie here as well, I joined on Oct. 19 and am waiting until Nov. 19 to do my first weight in/ measurements. I have already gone from a 9 inch wrist to 81/2 inches - I'm happy b/c my nice watch fits again! I started this journey to improve my health and the way I feel and I feel so much better!

I don't really see the point of having friends on here but send me a friend request and I'll accept and I'll give you my email, I use yahoo chat sometimes and facebook

JHB
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hi I would love to be your buddy..I joined earlier this year, but had some obstacles to over come. I had 2 blood clots that I'm still recovering from so it has been a long road.

Today I walked a mile in the park, the fresh air felt so good. I logged in my food and I actually feel really good. I have not done any exercise since I developed the clots, and today was my first day starting my journey again.

I felt like giving up before, because I had gained back the 10 pounds I lost, but now I realize that I just have to start again and move on.

So hats off to you on your journey:drinker: