Cardio Ideas

Options
I've just been informed that I either have a stress fracture or strained ligament/muscle in foot. Was told by Doc that I need to stop running/walking on it for 4-6 weeks. Any ideas of cardio that will not put stress on my foot?

Replies

• mdh1127
    mdh1127 Posts: 93
    Options
    I believe it was on a Jillian Michaels dvd that I heard punches were a great way to get cardio in if you have some sort of injury. Maybe add weights if you need a little extra to push you. Hope this helps.
  • ramgi
    ramgi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Can you go swimming?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Check your local library - there is a series of seated workouts. Sit & Be Fit or Chair Dancing. These will be senior workouts .... maybe look at video clips on collagevideo.com (under specialty workouts) to get some ideas to create your own.
  • RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Can you make up your own routine to get yourself going for 20-30 minutes? If you're on pinterest there are tons of random workout ideas there, just make up your own :) This could be a great way for you to tone up areas that you usually ignore!

I AM NOT A DOCTOR OR A TRAINER!! But I've been trying to do something like this almost every day. Just fill in the numbers with whatever you can do to start off with, and then up it every week.

__ seconds of punches
    pushups (definitely girl ones so that you don't hurt your foot)
    tricep kickbacks (google this one - there's a youtube vid that shows it better than I can explain it)
    bicep curls
    crunches
    chest flies

repeat 3X
  • rmballouart
    rmballouart Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ouch! That is a tough place to be. My best recommendations would be swimming and cycling. I hurt my knees in college and I had to give up running and long walks for a while and those two activities got me through it. Swimming is a great workout, especially if you push yourself to see how fast you can go. Cycling may or may not work for you depending on where the stress fracture is. Good luck!