Too much protein??

Options
ok - I am going way over my protein every day and I'm not even a big meat eater. Is this going to keep me from losing lbs? I'm under on everything else except occassionaly sugar.

Replies

• DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    ok - I am going way over my protein every day and I'm not even a big meat eater. Is this going to keep me from losing lbs? I'm under on everything else except occassionaly sugar.

The only really important number is the Calories :indifferent:
  • ej3209
    ej3209 Posts: 2
    Options
    Awesome. Thanks!
  • spearson288
    spearson288 Posts: 55 Member
    Options

That's not necessarily true.

If you are trying to build muscle then you need a higher protein intake, if you are trying to tone you need a lower amount. So it really depends on your goals and how much you are actually going over.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options

That's not necessarily true.

If you are trying to build muscle then you need a higher protein intake, if you are trying to tone you need a lower amount. So it really depends on your goals and how much you are actually going over.

umm. what.

Don't worry about eating a lot of protein. It will help you keep the muscle mass you do have. Calories in vs calories out.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    My struggle is with carbs. Can never seem to get them low enough. Does the "doesn't really matter" rule count with them too?
  • High_D
    High_D Posts: 10
    Options
    Eating more protein also helps curb hunger. Increase protein, decrease (not eliminate) carbs. The average woman should try to eat 120 g protein per day. Even on a higher protein diet I have a hard time achieving this.