Nerd looking for other nerdy weight loss buddies :)

Options
1235»

Replies

• gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm a sci-fi, fantasy, and PS3 playing nerd with 2 graduate degrees. :) Feel free to add me.
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge PC gamer. Steam (dod,tf2,css,cod,ect), WOW, Diablo 3, WOT, on and on and more.....

And I am also into building PC's, websites, photoshop (gimp), programming/scripting, and servers.

If your into any of this then add me!¿
  • Tammi623
    Tammi623 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Nerd here! ^_^

I appreciate most nerdy things but I do hold anime close to my heart as my first nerd love lol. (Fullmetal Alchemist, FLCL, Cow Boy Bebop, Trigun, Inuyasha, list goes on and on)

I do enjoy sic-fy and fantasy and other such genres. A couple of my friends have introduced me to Dr. Who recently and its pretty freakin awesome.

Feel fee to add me!
  • skirtlongjacket
    skirtlongjacket Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Nerd role call! I'm reading Game of Thrones but wishing there were more episodes on HBO already! I love Sid Meier's Civilization V and look forward to Gods and Kings being released, even though I'll have to wait since I never pay full price for anything :) I grew up with a gamer brother and currently have a gamer boyfriend. Friend requests welcome!!
  • andi1979
    andi1979 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi jonesygetshea
    I hear ya regarding a support system. I could totally use that too! I am also a bit nerdy in which I am a bit obsessed with Dr. Who, Eureka, Warehouse 13, and Sherlock. I am here to lean an ear!

Andi
  • MemphisGirl75
    MemphisGirl75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm a nerd too, so everybody feel free to add me ;)

Whovian/Whedon/LOTR/HP/SW/ST/Comics/Computers Geek

Recently started watching Torchwood and Merlin, and haven enjoyed them so far. Love Game of Thrones as well!
  • sabbers1982
    Options
    Hey there.
    I guess I'm a nerd I suppose. I love Sherlock, not a great lover of Dr Who but my sons are. I do like Paul Mccgann from Withnail and I days. Whether you count him as a Dr who or not I don't know lol. Gonna read through all these replies and see what everyone else is watching :D
  • Narc_soda
    Narc_soda Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hola!

Art Hermit
    Comic artist
    gamer (ps3)

Nice to meet you peeps.
    ^_____^

22489386.png
  • violetta88
    violetta88 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Excellent thread! Nothing better than HP - I will hear no arguments :)

Anyone's welcome to add me too! x
  • jonesygetshealthy
    jonesygetshealthy Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks to this thread I posted, I got to know so many awesome nerds <3
  • vampire_cakes
    vampire_cakes Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    im an internet gamer so i guess that makes me a nerd! :) feel free to add me as a buddie!
  • pixardad
    pixardad Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    hey everyone :)

I'm really looking for some people to connect with on here- my feelings are that if you have some things in common while supporting one another, the motivation is even greater.

Anyone out there who is a self-proclaimed nerd? Any and all sorts. HP, LOTR, Sherlock and Dr Who fans, Manga and Anime lovers, Gamers... all of you and more, let me know if you want to get to know one another while supporting each other :)

Wow...when did "nerd" mean movie/cartoon characters and games? When I was a kid (Oh man, I don't believe I just said that...) A "Nerd" was the braniac in the class...not the fandoms, they were typically Geeks or something else.

I'm not trying to offend anyone...just thinking times have changed. Oh well...back to my math, science, and physics.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Wow...when did "nerd" mean movie/cartoon characters and games? When I was a kid (Oh man, I don't believe I just said that...) A "Nerd" was the braniac in the class...not the fandoms, they were typically Geeks or something else.

I'm not trying to offend anyone...just thinking times have changed. Oh well...back to my math, science, and physics.

Nerd_Dork_Geek_Venn_Diagram.jpg

ETA: I'm a believer that most self-proclaimed "nerds" are really geeks because they have way too much social grace to be nerds. But, that's just my theory.
  • StephD1185
    StephD1185 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am a geek/nerd! I recently discovered this through Netflix... I ran out of crime shows to watch and started Doctor Who. Now I watch Merlin, Torchwood, Battlestar Galactica, Supernatural and other Sci-Fi shows. I have always loved Harry Potter books but haven't read LOTR yet.

Always looking for more friends on MFP to help motivate me and so I can do the same for you. Feel free to add me!
  • microMXL
    microMXL Posts: 51
    Options
    feel free to add, linux nerd here :]

oh and hulk beats superman
  • ChristieLily
    Options
    I am a nerd! Doctor Who and HP are two of my favorite things. I also love anime and manga.
  • _NicoleEdwards
    Options
    I must join this thread ... she says sat in her Jedi Knight bath robe.

Star Wars original trilogy and LOTR are basically my life.

Game of Thrones, LOL, Doctor Who, Supernatural ... the list goes on.
  • Fausttt
    Fausttt Posts: 101
    Options
    total geek here:

Gamer (XBOX, PC, Pen and paper)
    HP
    LOTR
    D&D
    Dr. WHO
    Coulton
    Stargate
    Game of thrones
    Computer Programmer
    Photographer
    Firefly
    BSG
    etc. etc. etc

And to top it all off, My 2 children and I attend cons and zombiewalks with the kids in full custom makeup at least 5 times a year!

It is definitely cool to meet more nerds/geeks on here!
  • Kmwienke
    Kmwienke Posts: 8
    Options
    All of you. Get on my friends list! ;D

Video games here. Lots and lots of video games. Although I do enjoy anime, LARP, and the occasional "Nerdy" tv show as well.

I mean. I cosplay. How much more geeky can you get? ;)
  • 2_young_2B_old
    2_young_2B_old Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Dude! If someone else hasn't already mentioned it but you should check out www.nerdfitness.com!