Need motivation again

Options
So I had a sinus infection and an ear infection for the past two weeks now and I want to get back into my work out routine, but I can't get motivated. Help? :ohwell:

Replies

• BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    Bump?
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    I don´t have any wise words, but if you have the will, you´re sure to get the support. Keep posting and read others posts and their answers.

What motivates me? Not a specific reason, just got fed up by being big. Just got fed up by being breathless every time I had to put on my socks or shoes. Got fed up by people asking me if I was pregnant. Got fed up about not looking like the picture in my head. Got fed up about never to fit in my own clothes (I gained more than 40 pounds in a year because of some medication...) because I gained weight so fast. God fed up about looking like crap.

I found a dress in a second hand shop, that I wanted- but it was to small. I bought it and keep it on the outside of my closet as a reminder. Get focused on your goal! Get focused on where you want to be. What you want to achieve. And then take this one little first step!! You don´t need to overlook the entire weight loss at one time. Take it step by step, pound by pound. Baby steps! But get moving. No one but you can do it!
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Remember that if your sickness is "shoulders and up" then light-moderate exercise can actually help you heal quicker! Exercise, healthy eating and staying in shape will help prevent many diseases and sicknesses in the future. Think of it as your "insurance policy" against getting sick again!
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    Remember that if your sickness is "shoulders and up" then light-moderate exercise can actually help you heal quicker! Exercise, healthy eating and staying in shape will help prevent many diseases and sicknesses in the future. Think of it as your "insurance policy" against getting sick again!

I never heard that saying before, but I'll keep that in mind from now on!
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    here's some motivation: get your @$$ to the gym STAT. I don't want to hear an excuse. Go sweat it out.

Don't make another post unless it's to let us know you've worked out.
  • carriparton
    carriparton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I haven't been very active for quite a while. To motivate myself to workout, all I do is look at some pictures of me now. For some reasons pictures do more for me than the mirror. And I remind myself ~ "Do you really want to continue to look like this?"
  • bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    The first step is always the hardest..........go do just 5 mins. of exercise....I bet it turns into more :)
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    What are your goals? Fitness and nutrition goals? Weight goals? Body style goals? Write them all down! Make a collage or a scrap book about what you want and expect from yourself! I created an animoto video of past, present, and included my future goals! If you'd like to take a look you can find the link on my profile page. :-)

You got this!

Sara
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    here's some motivation: get your @$$ to the gym STAT. I don't want to hear an excuse. Go sweat it out.

Don't make another post unless it's to let us know you've worked out.

Talk about tough (love?). I'm not sure that this level of harshness is what she needs when she's posting on the "Motivation and Support" boards. We'd love to hear about your workout, but do it when you feel your body is able to!
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your help. I was working out 2 hours a week before I got sick and since I was sick for so long I got into a lazy funk and I can't seem to get out of it. I wanna work out but I can't seem to get off my butt and actually do something. I took my dog for a long walk earlier but I had to stop because I have a final tomorrow. I appreciate all your help though! :flowerforyou: