For Those on the Body By Vi bandwagon

Options

Replies

• lorraine311
    lorraine311 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Remember they are meal replacement shakes. Very reasonable!
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    everyone needs to just let it go.. it is the same fight with the same results.. none...

some people use bbv some use shakelogy some eat more to lose some do low carb some eat back there calories some dont..

if you dont have a scientfic study into proving what people are claiming to be fact.. then it doesnt matter.. do what floats your boat and works..

ill do it my way.. you do it yours..

like i said same fight same argument and blah de blah blah
  • lesliegail22
    Options
    I am doing the body by vi shake thing AND LOVE IT! No I am not shoving it down throats trying to make a buck---but it is working for me.
  • Purplecider
    Options
    Lady Rush, FYI, You have joined the Challenge. That is what the program is called!! Its not a diet, its a lifestyle change. And for all of you that have said what happens after your off it? ITS like any "diet" if you go back to the same crap you were eating before, OFCOURSE you are going to gain it back and some!!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Let's see:

2 rounded scoops (26g) yet a measly 12g of protein....and it costs $1.65 per shake. That's truly overpriced, pathetic and insulting to be honest. There are tons of meal replacement shakes out there that give far more protein and have better nutritional profiles at half the cost.

This company seems to really pursue and take advantage of those not familiar with protein shakes in general.
    Soy is used in Japan solely they do not even have regular milk there.
    Umm. Yes, they do have regular milk in Japan made from actual cows. Seriously....
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    The word "Trisorb" makes me want to punch someone in the face.

It's all well and good while you're on these types of programs, since you're greatly depriving yourself of calories, you are going to loose weight.

But we alllllllll knows what happens when you stop.... you're back on MFP posting about your restart and wondering what went wrong. I cannot stand this network marketing crap that preys on peoples insecurities and promises them a quick fix. It makes my skin crawl.
  • dcooperp
    dcooperp Posts: 20
    Options
    Have been using it for over a year. Bought once and have not paid for the shake mix & my vitamins that I get every month since June 2011. I'm getting 2 free meal per day plus my daily supplements. Tell your health store (or Wal-Mart) you want your protein shakes for free....let me know what they say.

Sometimes I don't do 2 every day and sometimes I don't do even 1 a day. I refuel my body every 3-4hrs and incorporate the Eat Clean lifestyle with Vi. It is not for everyone but I would not discard this simply based off of other people's perception...even mine. Get educated by digging into the research of it yourself. The 90 Day Challenge is simply a goal that is broken down 90 days at a time. Not to be confused with your total goal accomplished within 90 days. 90 days is an obtainable goal the most people can comprehend. If you tell most people that it would take a year to achieve their health goal then they would probably be so discourage they would give up after a few weeks. The idea is to set small goals in several short periods of time. It's all a mind set.

The doctor told me too much protein is a bad thing. The liver cannot break down but so much protein daily. Too much protein can ultimately lead to liver failure. "Eating excessive amounts of protein can and will put you in Negative Nitrogen Balance - and can cause uric acid retention and kidney, bladder and liver problems. Forget man's so-called logic and find your own metabolic needs - Vince Gironda, aka "The Iron Guru."

Not all protein is treated equally just as all calories is not treated equally. Get your numbers checked by a professional. And as someone above stated..."Let's agree to disagree" Go out and buy what you want, just research the products you use. A good product should be able to withstand scrutiny. So do the research and decide for yourself We are all here with the goal to achieve a healthier lifestyle. Don't be nasty just because someones opinion doesn't coincide with yours. People Who Say It Cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt Those Who Are Doing It... cliche I know, but true. Yes, I promote the 90 Day Challenge. Before anyone rips through my post with their fangs, note that I am simply stating how it works for me and what my research has found. I am in no way trying to sell you the product.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I think the most annoying part is the promoters who can't take no for an answer. I can't log on to facebook without seeing a million things about it. Sure, it may be great for 90 days, but if you don't continue to eat right, can you maintain?
  • ssheteron
    ssheteron Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been on the BBV challenge and promoting it for a year....I haven't personally had any issues nor have my clients...actually none of my team or cross line has had issues. It isn't just a "weight loss"solution, this is a LIFESTYLE CHANGE and you must be willing to make that change. You have to "want" to make the change in your life and diet, and without commitment and dedication at its fullest you will not get the success you were hoping for; which would lead to negative comments and posts about a product such as this one.
  • ssheteron
    ssheteron Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    And Sharyn913 - yes, you will maintain after your 90 Challenge but you can also continue by supplementing one of your meals w the ViShake and this will feed your body more nutrients you can eat in one day. I'm sorry you feel this company "preys" on the insecurities of others but I have done research on this product for awhile and wouldn't promote something I didn't believe in.
    Oh and Yes, I can take no for an answer but when there is misleading information posted I have to defend it.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Way to drag a moldy oldy out to get your promotion in! High five!
  • AngelxofxNod
    Options
    I started using Body By Vi on May 23rd and I am on day 26 of my first 90 day challenge. I have lost 29 pounds since May 23rd. Sure, I am having that shake for breakfast and shake for lunch, but I am also very interested in changing my lifestyle. I work out almost every day now, doing 60 minutes on the elliptical we got on Craigslist and actually have started eating healthy. We grill our meats for every meal to lessen the fat content and instead of having pasta or bread as a side at dinner we have a huge pile of veggies and I have replaced soda and sugary drinks with water. Sure, I splurge every now and then, twice a month we have pizza and every once in a while I split a soda at the movies with the family, but my calorie intake has dropped dramatically and I am not starving myself because the foods I now eat, for the very very most part, are super low calorie, like spinach, onions, lettuce, squash, tomatoes, etc. So, although I know that I would be losing weight even if I were not using the shakes, the shakes are great because they really do fill me up and give me all the vitamins and nutrients my body needs. I do not sell Body By Vi, I'm just a consumer. But I totally believe in this product. It's amazing. I am working hard to change my lifestyle, and am doing great at it, but I get to do it with two yummy strawberry shakes and faster than I would be with just the hard work alone. You should try it before you knock it. You might surprise yourself.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    I started using Body By Vi on May 23rd and I am on day 26 of my first 90 day challenge. I have lost 29 pounds since May 23rd. Sure, I am having that shake for breakfast and shake for lunch, but I am also very interested in changing my lifestyle. I work out almost every day now, doing 60 minutes on the elliptical we got on Craigslist and actually have started eating healthy. We grill our meats for every meal to lessen the fat content and instead of having pasta or bread as a side at dinner we have a huge pile of veggies and I have replaced soda and sugary drinks with water. Sure, I splurge every now and then, twice a month we have pizza and every once in a while I split a soda at the movies with the family, but my calorie intake has dropped dramatically and I am not starving myself because the foods I now eat, for the very very most part, are super low calorie, like spinach, onions, lettuce, squash, tomatoes, etc. So, although I know that I would be losing weight even if I were not using the shakes, the shakes are great because they really do fill me up and give me all the vitamins and nutrients my body needs. I do not sell Body By Vi, I'm just a consumer. But I totally believe in this product. It's amazing. I am working hard to change my lifestyle, and am doing great at it, but I get to do it with two yummy strawberry shakes and faster than I would be with just the hard work alone. You should try it before you knock it. You might surprise yourself.

So you are exercising and eating better......must have been the overpriced shake.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    And yet another brand-new poster resurrects a long dead post to hype this crap. Very credible and we all believe you. On what page of the "How to push this garbage" manual does it teach you to sign up for message boards and drag up zombie threads?
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have no desire to try Body By Vi. It doesn't seem like a healthy, long-term option.
  • mambagirl
    mambagirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    They actually DO work.My friend is a promoter for this Product and I have Met MANY of her clients that are losing weight fast.But she includes a meal plan for them and weekly support.I drink one Occasionally.What I can say is that its not as gross as other protein shakes...
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    They actually DO work.My friend is a promoter for this Product and I have Met MANY of her clients that are losing weight fast.But she includes a meal plan for them and weekly support.I drink one Occasionally.What I can say is that its not as gross as other protein shakes...

Uh huh.
  • Schattenkatz
    Options
    It does work, and it IS healthy! And maybe it's not a forever solution, but it's a way to get your body to health and your energy up and lose weight, and learn to keep it off and treat your body right.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Well, yeah, they work like any other drink or program would if you're depriving yourself for calories. Why does someone need to pay for an overpriced shake to do that? Make your own way cheaper, or just adjust your diet, and get your support here. Oh, but wait, that doesn't line the MLM pockets...
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    It does work, and it IS healthy! And maybe it's not a forever solution, but it's a way to get your body to health and your energy up and lose weight, and learn to keep it off and treat your body right.

How does IT work and WHY is it healthy?