7 Weeks & 10 Lbs Til Christmas!

Options

Replies

• calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I just read (with shock) that Christmas is only 7 weeks away. I think having a goal like this will help me get (and stay) focused... I'd love to be 10 lbs lighter by December 25!

It is never too late to join. Welcome. 7 weeks does make things stressful.
  • greysoal
    greysoal Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great plan!
    I'm in
  • calabrdm
    Options
    I am doing insanity by beachbody right now. It is awesome.

Ohh! What is that one? I'm interested...
    :smile:

It is very intense interval training. I really, really love it. The first two workout... you are like... What the heck is this.... then... you really start to love it. I feel soooo much stronger. It has increased my speed and determination. It is quite intense. It is a 60 day program. You have to be in shape before starting it.
  • calabrdm
    Options
    I am in... that is my goal too. Looking forward to getting tips.

Welcome! I read your profile and we seem similar! I also have two kids, work part time from home, and also want to get into the best shape of my life. Congrats on all that you've lost already - that is amazing.

Do you know P90X? That has changed my body more than anything else!

We will both reach our goals for Christmas!
    :flowerforyou:
    Betty

Do you like P90x better than Insanity? I am half way done Insanity. Then, I think I am doing Chalean Extreme and then P90X. What do you think? I will be out of the workout curcuit for 6 weeks starting on December 18th. I am getting a tummy tuck from having my kids then. I am a little nervous about not working out for 6 months but I have dreamed of this day for seven years.

How have you done this week?
  • 135gratitude
    Options

Welcome! I read your profile and we seem similar! I also have two kids, work part time from home, and also want to get into the best shape of my life. Congrats on all that you've lost already - that is amazing.

Betty

Do you like P90x better than Insanity? I am half way done Insanity. Then, I think I am doing Chalean Extreme and then P90X. What do you think? I will be out of the workout curcuit for 6 weeks starting on December 18th. I am getting a tummy tuck from having my kids then. I am a little nervous about not working out for 6 months but I have dreamed of this day for seven years.

Ohhh - so many things to chat with you about!

I LOVE P90X - I think it sounds similar to insanity in that you have to be in good shape before starting. I am still weak in the pull up area, but otherwise I just love the program. Your plan sounds great!

I did well this week - I do not weigh myself weekly - I started on here at 168.5 (5'8") in June, and was 148 in September. I just get crazy with weighing so regularly, so I will weigh again in December, and I hope to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 138, or maybe lower.

Tummy tuck! How exciting! I would really really love a breast lift - "the girls" have taken things hard - going from 200+lbs pregnant, and back down again (from breastfeeding at 36F and now back to 34D) has left them less than perky! Let me know how it goes. No working out for 6 months after the tuck? Yoga? Pilates?
  • calabrdm
    Options

Betty
    I am actually getting the full mommy makeover with the lift. So I will keep you posted and let you know if it is worth it.

Ohhh - so many things to chat with you about!

I LOVE P90X - I think it sounds similar to insanity in that you have to be in good shape before starting. I am still weak in the pull up area, but otherwise I just love the program. Your plan sounds great!

I did well this week - I do not weigh myself weekly - I started on here at 168.5 (5'8") in June, and was 148 in September. I just get crazy with weighing so regularly, so I will weigh again in December, and I hope to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 138, or maybe lower.

Tummy tuck! How exciting! I would really really love a breast lift - "the girls" have taken things hard - going from 200+lbs pregnant, and back down again (from breastfeeding at 36F and now back to 34D) has left them less than perky! Let me know how it goes. No working out for 6 months after the tuck? Yoga? Pilates?
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    So, I didn't catch it if there's a weigh in day - to report progress... I have been checking in with myself on Thursdays - but couldn't weight this time... I'm feeling proud of myself and my hard work - so gotta report it in:

2 weeks ago: 152.8
    1 week ago: 149
    today: 147.2

Looks like I'm on my way... :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • calabrdm
    Options
    So, I didn't catch it if there's a weigh in day - to report progress... I have been checking in with myself on Thursdays - but couldn't weight this time... I'm feeling proud of myself and my hard work - so gotta report it in:

2 weeks ago: 152.8
    1 week ago: 149
    today: 147.2

Looks like I'm on my way... :happy: :happy: :happy:

WOW! YOu are really on your way.
  • whidbeyweight
    whidbeyweight Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    thanks for the reminder to keep myself in gear, after eating like bleh for 24hrs
  • calabrdm
    Options
    Okay... not down any weight but I finally can pull up and zip my "thin" shorts. Insanity is making me build muscle so... maybe that is why I haven't dropped the pounds.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Okay... not down any weight but I finally can pull up and zip my "thin" shorts. Insanity is making me build muscle so... maybe that is why I haven't dropped the pounds.

Probably. Wow - you're doing Insanity? Are you insane? I get tired just WATCHING the informercial! :blushing: Good job - go you!
  • calabrdm
    Options
    Down a pound this week.... 8 to go. I go to the doctor today for my paperwork for my surgery one month from today. I hope I can get this 8 pounds off before then! I start month two of insanity this week. I hope that does it.
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, hope everyone is well :bigsmile:
    I am going to try the Sacred Heart Soup Diet to kick start things for me and get rid some of my carb and sugar cravings!! My little sister is a personal trainer and she suggested I try it, so here goes!
    Hope everyone has a great week :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Down a pound this week.... 8 to go. I go to the doctor today for my paperwork for my surgery one month from today. I hope I can get this 8 pounds off before then! I start month two of insanity this week. I hope that does it.

How intense is insanity? I was tempted to order it but was worried I would not be able to hang with the routine and would give up. If anyone else has completed the program and could offer some input it would be greatly appreciated.
  • binkyb00
    binkyb00 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Can I still join you guys? I'm aiming to loose 10 lbs by Christmas also.
  • calabrdm
    Options
    Can I still join you guys? I'm aiming to loose 10 lbs by Christmas also.

Of course! We want everyone to lose ten pounds before Christmas. Welcome. I have 8 to go!!!
  • calabrdm
    Options

How intense is insanity? I was tempted to order it but was worried I would not be able to hang with the routine and would give up. If anyone else has completed the program and could offer some input it would be greatly appreciated.
    It is challenging but you can pace yourself! However, you should be in pretty good shape before starting. I did Turbo Jam first. I love it but it is challenging. You just have to stick with it.
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Hi Ladies - Sorry I've been MIA - I've been working a lot lately! Congrats to all the weight that's been lost!

One thing I can say is getting back to counting my calories.... I'm starving!!! It's 11:00 p.m. and my stomach is growling - good news though - I just focus on my body eating my fat....
    :tongue:
  • calabrdm
    Options
    Hi Ladies - Sorry I've been MIA - I've been working a lot lately! Congrats to all the weight that's been lost!

One thing I can say is getting back to counting my calories.... I'm starving!!! It's 11:00 p.m. and my stomach is growling - good news though - I just focus on my body eating my fat....
    :tongue:

I was hungry last night too. I actually didn't make my total calorie quota yesterday. I am always torn between eating too late and finishing my daily amount.
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    So how is everyone's week going? This soup diet is not easy, but it's doable, the soup tastes good which helps. I'm down a coupld pounds too, YAY!
    I've heard quite a few people talk about Turbo Jam, what type of exercise is it? Is it rough on the knees at all? I like to switch things up to keep it interesting, but I have bad knees to watch out for.
    Hope everyone has a good weekend!! :bigsmile: