6'1 Athletic build male looking for New friends

Options
portalm
portalm Posts: 201 Member
Hey guys joined this recently, been doing well 10 pounds total lost just by watching really want i eat. Im big into fitness and have run 2 half marathons. looking for anyone that is willing to help keep me motivated.

Also fitness gurus welcomed please lay your advice work out plans and other types of things that increase strength and what not.

Im into martial arts, running, strength training, calistentics, pretty much any work out regimen. so hit me up for support or to support me!

Replies

• jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Well, I wouldn't classify myself as a fitness guru, and I'm certainly not at your level of fitness (although, I'm working on it), but I have lost 47lbs so far, I try to stay active, I like to encourage others, and I can use all the support I can get. Soooo...sending you a request. :flowerforyou:
  • portalm
    Options
    Well, I wouldn't classify myself as a fitness guru, and I'm certainly not at your level of fitness (although, I'm working on it), but I have lost 47lbs so far, I try to stay active, I like to encourage others, and I can use all the support I can get. Soooo...sending you a request. :flowerforyou:

Great Everything helps right? Good to have you along!
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome site to be on, make great friends! Right now I am mostly lifting to tone and gain muscle, but always good to have a new friend along. Add me if you would like support and motivation.
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. We seem to have similar goals although I can't do as much running due to a knee injury.
  • portalm
    Options
    @doggiesnot, Ya my starting weight about 4 years ago was 359 at my Heaviest. I was engaged going to school full time and working 72 hours a week as a paramedic. hell living in miami fl was not cheap thats for sure. I broke it off with my fiance and after her started working out! ran 2 half marathons and got into a physical life. Im trying to get back down to about 210 but living out in the middle of no where makes it challenging with food options. so i joined to make better food decisions!

@ iwaffle, Similar goals are great im glad to have you along, Share work outs food recipes or what not! and having someone always constantly pushing you is a great thing as well!
  • aaronf289
    aaronf289 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like....Also, check out Jefit app to log your workouts.....I have it on my smartphone and don't go to the gym without it
  • portalm
    Options
    Thanks so much man ill check out that app!
  • portalm
    Options
    Any West Texans out there?!
  • portalm
    Options
    bump
  • radicalrunner
    Options
    Hey lets be buddies. I just joined today. I have run over 12 marathons, 2 ultras and I have to keep myself from working out I love it so much. I got motivation to share! :laugh:
  • portalm
    Options
    Sounds great thanks for the add!
  • bthumudo
    bthumudo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Always looking for and to motivate others.
    Welcome.
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Hot Yoga?? It's amazing.... The heat really helps lengthen everything.

Add me if you like. Always up for some new friends to challenge me in my gym routine
  • MrsAFR
    MrsAFR Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want I could really do with the extra support as well. I'm into fitness but I don't have a great deal of time as I have an 18 month old and work full time so I fit in what I can when I can! I'm into running and used to run a lot but now only get time for 3 miles at a time but i'm working on it. My mum did the London and Edinburgh marathons this year and she started running the same time as me - need to kick myself up the ...
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Not a fitness guru, but totally into the idea of getting this body of mine fit and healthy and staying "young" forever!!!

Feel free to add me. :)
  • laurie858
    laurie858 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've run a few half marathons, one full marathon, and a bunch of other little races. I ran the full marathon back in 09, and I think it's time to run another. I actually signed up and paid for Long Bear R&R, but realized I can't do it that day. Luckily they allow you to get a rain check, so I'll be running it in 2013. I'm doing the Carlsbad 1/2 marathon in January.

Oh, there's a group here in MFP that's called 31 in July or something like that. Basically, you challenge yourself to walk, run, bike, swim, whatever 31 miles in July. A mile a day, or split it up however you want. I'm doing it, you should join too!
  • brian90
    brian90 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    you can add me
  • Metal_Viking
    Options
    add me . I workout pretty much every day 1-2 hrs a day sometimes more ... and can always use pointers on my diary. It's open. I consider myself a least a little bit of a fitness guru. I'm always giving advice to my friends/husband etc on what exercises to do and what to watch when eating.
  • GFab
    GFab Posts: 75
    Options
    not from texas nor a ftiness guru but i can be a good friend and a motivator!!! =)