Help! Fat Burn vs. Cardio

Options
When I am at the gym, on the Stair Master, Elliptical, or what ever aerobics machine I am on, There is always options of what type of workout I want, but I do not know which one would be best for training for a marathon that's in December. So should I do Fat Burn or Cardio?

Which one would be better to burn more calories? Which one will help me prepare better?

Which one do you guys think is better?

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Higher intensity burns more calories. :) Also the whole "target heart rate zone" to burn fat is a waste of your time.

Good luck!
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Tue 06/26/12 04:05 PM
    When I am at the gym, on the Stair Master, Elliptical, or what ever aerobics machine I am on, There is always options of what type of workout I want, but I do not know which one would be best for training for a marathon that's in December. So should I do Fat Burn or Cardio?

Which one would be better to burn more calories? Which one will help me prepare better?

Which one do you guys think is better?

If your training for a marathon CARDIO!!!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    To train for a marathon, you'll want to work in improving your cardiorespiratory fitness. You could do that with any of the settings on the machines, as long as you are pushing yourself. Here's a good article about the topic:

http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/articles/cardiorespiratory-fitness.aspx