Cleanse

Options
2»

Replies

• _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Okay, apparently not the type of helpful people I was looking for. Thanks anyways. Have a wonderful day.

Cleanses are frowned upon in this establishment!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    <----
  • RedSkinFox
    RedSkinFox Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Blah blah blah

Listen, if you think you have enough will power to do a full on fasting, then go for it! People do it all the time without liver failure or kidney failure. Let's not forget an entire nation of people fast for 30+ days and rarely do people die from it. Allowing your body to rest from all the crap we put in it is a good thing. i, personally, no longer posess the will power to do a full fasting (no food or drink until the sun sets) but it will make a difference. In the end your body will thank you and you'll find that your portions are more accurate too. It can be beneficial if you are healthy and ready for the challenge.

Good luck! :)
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    you are all so judgemental. this is not a starvation "diet" or gimmick. it's not a fast. it's a cleanse/reset. it includes supplements and also a vegan 3-week eating plan.

you obviously know very little about me and my 2 year journey to health and wellness. i am not someone who succumbs to fad diets or quick fixes.

and, to be clear. i did not ask for your opinion on the cleanse itself but for guidance and tips.

i really don't need the negativity of all of you so i am going to cleanse myself of this conversation and opt out from this point on........ <-- uh oh, abuse. ;->

if anyone would like to seriously talk about something that many very INTELLIGENT people have been doing as a health benefit for years then, PM me. otherwise, i'm done. have a very BLESSED day. <3
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    The only kind of cleanse I'm interested in is a group shower....
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Blah blah blah

Listen, if you think you have enough will power to do a full on fasting, then go for it! People do it all the time without liver failure or kidney failure. Let's not forget an entire nation of people fast for 30+ days and rarely do people die from it. Allowing your body to rest from all the crap we put in it is a good thing. i, personally, no longer posess the will power to do a full fasting (no food or drink until the sun sets) but it will make a difference. In the end your body will thank you and you'll find that your portions are more accurate too. It can be beneficial if you are healthy and ready for the challenge.

thank you <3
  • jerzypeach
    jerzypeach Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    About to start a pretty intense 3-week cleanse. Anyone have any advice or experience? The recommendation is not to workout... but I am thinking of lowering the intensity and still continuing to workout. Would love to hear from you!

Sounds pretty stupid to me.......
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I thought we were done discussing this?
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    This lady went from 0 to hilarious in no time flat.
  • jerzypeach
    Options
    Blah blah blah

thank you <3

can any one say "confirmation bias"???
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I cleanse regularly. I'd recommend drinking LOTS of water and taking it easy at first. (just so that you can see how YOU respond to it.) Be prepared for not so good effects around day 2-3, as the toxins leave it appears to wreak havoc, but that feeling will be replaced with GREAT benefits. Mental clarity, higher energy, a lighter feeling and just all around well being. I see a lot of people don't believe in cleansing, and I think that's one of the biggest hoaxes of the "medical industry"...assuming that there is nothing that we can or should do to assist our body in cleansing. I wish you the best of luck as you embark on this wonderful journey. :)

Feel free to add me. I will be going on a green juice fast next month. Shall be fun! :)
  • chris1816
    Options
    I cleanse regularly. I'd recommend drinking LOTS of water and taking it easy at first. (just so that you can see how YOU respond to it.) Be prepared for not so good effects around day 2-3, as the toxins leave it appears to wreak havoc, but that feeling will be replaced with GREAT benefits. Mental clarity, higher energy, a lighter feeling and just all around well being. I see a lot of people don't believe in cleansing, and I think that's one of the biggest hoaxes of the "medical industry"...assuming that there is nothing that we can or should do to assist our body in cleansing. I wish you the best of luck as you embark on this wonderful journey. :)

Feel free to add me. I will be going on a green juice fast next month. Shall be fun! :)

Christ on sale...
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I cleanse every morning. I use a bar of Ivory soap, and some Whole Foods shampoo on my hair. :)

Seriously, I'd be wary of anything that involves heavy doses of "natural" plant products ... there are plenty of "natural" things out there that can kill you or do serious damage, and you can buy many of them at your local health food store. If it were me, I'd check with a medical professional or two before embarking on a "cleansing" regimen.

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4083
  • chris1816
    Options
    It's clear the OP has had her jimmies rustled because she asked an open ended question and received an answer she didn't like...but I'm going to be lazy and copypasta my response on cleanses from another thread!

Lazy Christopher is laaaaaazy...(but he eats strawberries n green stuff so he poops well and doesn't need cleansing)
    The agression towards people chosing to go about things differently from the way another may think seems a bit unwarranted. It's difficult to ask for opinions/help/experiences on these forums as it is without others being more closed-minded and harmful in their language than at the very least being fact-based and directive.

With that said: I have never tried this particular cleanse that you are asking about, but you never know what you are capable of until you give it a shot. If YOU trust your Chiropractor then their recommendation are worth giving a shot right. If you feel you are being taken for a ride, then listen to your gut. But don't forsake doing things in a simple and holistic manner if that's what you honestly want for yourself because others don't understand the method or the point.:flowerforyou:

Oh I'm all for people being aggressively dumb, I just like to rack up good deeds for the day.

So, let me factually tackle the logic behind cleanses.

1) I need to cleanse my body of toxins!

This is the primary function of the liver/kidneys. The liver handles the processing of just about every substance that enters the body, bloodstream, take your pick. You cannot perform this function any more effectively than it is already being performed. Hell, your liver can even store and synthesize most micronutrients as needed. Most mammals can synthesize more vitamin C in their liver than you would think you could take in a single day. Put said animal under stress and watch it produce even more. There are some foods that have been studied to assist in this function, but nothing really does the job better than it is already being done.

Now if you are repeatedly licking the arsenic rich screen of your iPod classic and guzzling everclear by the gallon, you may have other problems that may overwhelm your liver a bit.

2) But I need to cleanse my "colon", and like, "start fresh".

Your colon and digestive system in general is a dirty, filthy, bacteria ridden environment, and that is the point.

Most cleanses are just a waste of money, as they normally involve purchasing some kind of product or buying into some other thing, but ultimately, they are simply misguided.

Now to cut this short and directly address the OP, you do not need to be looking to try any cleanses. You can however change your diet slightly and begin incorporating certain foods/spices etc into your diet which may help your situation.

Now let me preface this by saying; if you have hypothyroidism and other complications your primary point of contact should be an actual nutritionist and not the internet or your hippy chiropractor.

This Standard Process, like any other; is no more than an excuse for you to buy their supplements products etc.

You need to not look at it as a program and but as a change to your lifestyle that you genuinely believe will improve your well being. So what do you need to supplement?

Most people overthink this. Take a multi, fish oil, and vitamin d.

If insulin resistance is a concern, start eating things like raw honey, prunes, strawberries, ginger, turmeric (learn to love some indian food).

Want to assist your digestive process? More prunes, spinach, and greek yogurt (Fage, don't be cheap)

Your immune system can be "bolstered" by the zinc in a multi, as well as Vitamin D...or make it less boring and eat some calf liver on occasion. If you ever look at the micronutrient profile on a serving of calf liver, you will understand the sudden "good" feeling you have after eating it.

If you want empirical background on all of this, review everything on this list: http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php
  • jerzypeach
    Options

Skeptoid is THE BEST!!