Light or Moderate Exercise??

Options
Hi all,

I have been doing some reading about TDEE, BMR, etc etc (Ok, A TON of reading.!!).

My weight loss is at a standstill (I carry everything in my stomach! bah! frustration!!). Anyways, I was wondering what is considered light exercise and what is considered moderate exercise? I don't have a HRM (and no, I can't afford one, not even a $30 one, I am an unemployed student! POOR!). I run about 4 or 5x a week, or do JM 30DS, strength train, etc. I don't have a plan, I just do what I want when I want. I run more than anything else though, and when I do, it's usually for 30-40 minutes and I am sweating buckets and exhausted by the end. Would this be considered light or moderate exercise?

I am just not sure which to use for my TDEE calculations.

My info (although probably irrelevant in this post!):
24 yrs
5'6
133 lbs
goal of 125-127ish

thank you to those who wish to provide input :)

Replies

• marchegt
    marchegt Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Bump? hate when posts get lost in the crowd!
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I exercise 6-7 days a week but I only do 30-40 minutes most days like you so I set mine as moderate instead of heavy. I think you should try light to be on the safe side, but if it gives you too low of a calorie recommendation or if you try it and feel hungry, you can move up to moderate.
  • lillydlc
    lillydlc Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Have you joined the group 'Eat More 2 Weight Less'? Here is a link
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less

I'm quite sure they will help you answer your questions.
  • marchegt
    marchegt Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thanks to both of you! Setting myself as light for exercise would give me enough calories I just don't want to be eating too little... as I have read and read and read and read the many posts in the group Eat More to Lose More!!! I just want to do everything I can to make sure I am losing weight the healthiest way possible while building muscle as well!!

Thanks to both of you :)