Rate This Pic - Did no one take a statistics class?

Options
2»

Replies

• marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    they probably do it because no one wants to hurt any feelings and they want to uplift the other person. but agreed, kinda takes away from the point.
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    If it didn't show who rated you a 5 a lot more people would rate others lower trust me, on radio contest where voters id's are never shown I never rate above a 5 and here I get 9's all the time.. I would say I am closer to a 7.5 in all honesty but that's just me :-P
  • N0703989
    N0703989 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    If we're actually rating pics mine is definitely a 10. I think rating someone elses picture says more about me than it does about them. If I think a below weight person looks better than an above healthy weight person then its my culture, social and media conditioning thats influenced my comments. That and wanting to be liked, makes me say what I believe wont cause distress, unless I'm drunk of course!
  • skinnedknee101
    skinnedknee101 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    skinnedknee - cute pic! ... ummm... I give you a 7!

Screw the pic...the name alone speaks of epic values. I have knee pads for your 9!!

LOL, Well as much as I hope my BF agrees, the name's supposed to be kind of a mondegreen...skinnedknee = skinny
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I steer clear Jack. I'm not looking to tell anyone they're unattractive. Nobody's looking for that. Here least of all.
  • trainorgirl
    Options
    It all comes down to if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all.. Hey I rated a 5 when it flat out should have been a 2!!! maybe even a 1!!! but i dont want someone to feel sad and turn to donuts to feel better.. so i rather lie.. or wait till there is a good looking person to rate.. haa haa sneaky i know...
  • skinnedknee101
    Options
    I'm at least glad that no one responded..."Everyone IS beautiful, in his/her own way." LOL
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I'm at least glad that no one responded..."Everyone IS beautiful, in his/her own way." LOL

We are all delectable little snowflakes. :drinker:
  • skinnedknee101
    Options

Yeah, but some of us landed hard, and others got pissed on. :)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

Yeah, but some of us landed hard, and others got pissed on. :)

fa81b19d-b979-4cd0-bfb1-635a990eac18.jpg
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I think is a society thing....look at grades in school

this is what it is supposed to men
    A= excellent, way above average
    B= Above average
    C= average
    D = below average
    F = fail

I look at the honor roll in our school, both where i live now and have looked when i lived in previous places... 60 out of 100 are on the A and B honor roll,,,,,how can 60% of the kids be above average?
  • skinnedknee101
    Options
    I think is a society thing....look at grades in school

this is what it is supposed to men
    A= excellent, way above average
    B= Above average
    C= average
    D = below average
    F = fail

I look at the honor roll in our school, both where i live now and have looked when i lived in previous places... 60 out of 100 are on the A and B honor roll,,,,,how can 60% of the kids be above average?

Well I think that grades are obtained more objectively. It's based on effort. So an average kid who works hard can be above average in grades. You know? Grades aren't comparing kids with each other, just to themselves. That's what those pesky IOWA tests are for.
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Nope , I got 100% in: S1 and 90% in S2 and S3
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I only post when I can say something nice... Is that mean? Lol I dont like hurting feelings and I'd rather not lie. I do, however, think people should be more confident in themselves. In the "rate yourself" I totally gave myself a 10. Lmao am I a 10 in everyone's eyes? Hell no! Lol I'm probably a 5 or 6 at best based on physical appearances but let's face it... I think I'm pretty freakin awesome! Haha! Does everyone? Nope. Plus, everyone's perception of beautiful is different. My niece who was 6 when my daughter and nephew were babies told her mom " Isabelle is cuter than my baby brother." why? Because Madelyn (bless her heart) didn't see blondes as cute since a majority of our family are brunettes and have an ethnic background. Lol and I know good and DAMN well when I was 300lbs and my husband fell in love and married me I wasn't a freakin 10 or even a 5. Lol
  • skinnedknee101
    Options
    I only post when I can say something nice... Is that mean? Lol I dont like hurting feelings and I'd rather not lie. I do, however, think people should be more confident in themselves. In the "rate yourself" I totally gave myself a 10. Lmao am I a 10 in everyone's eyes? Hell no! Lol I'm probably a 5 or 6 at best based on physical appearances but let's face it... I think I'm pretty freakin awesome! Haha! Does everyone? Nope. Plus, everyone's perception of beautiful is different. My niece who was 6 when my daughter and nephew were babies told her mom " Isabelle is cuter than my baby brother." why? Because Madelyn (bless her heart) didn't see blondes as cute since a majority of our family are brunettes and have an ethnic background. Lol and I know good and DAMN well when I was 300lbs and my husband fell in love and married me I wasn't a freakin 10 or even a 5. Lol
    True. Awesome job on your weight-loss!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I just figured info can't say something nice I won't say anything. ;)
    Plus, really my husband is a solid 9 in my eyes. I won't say a 10 ONLY because right now I want to throat punch him (lol). But I have had MANY people make comments like "THAT's your husband?" and Literally someone told me that word for word that I'm an "A" and he is a low "C" on a grading scale. But I love him and I'm very much physically attracted to him and his nerdiness. Lmao

Oh and thanks btw lol I still have 25 lbs to lose and LOTS of muscle to build, but I'm getting there!! Look at YOU with your 9lbs left!! You must feel great to be that much closer to goal!