I am a lttle discouraged

Options
I have been on this website for over a month and haven't lost but three pounds.. I mow a lot of lawns and it keeps me so active. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Don't know what you eat so it could be that. If you're working hard there should be some weight loss. 3 pounds is a good start so you're doing something right! Now maybe focus on what you are eating which could be a major reason. Either way be proud of what you have done, and will do. Keep positive!:smile: good luck to you!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I got to my heaviest weight ever while working out hard 5 times per week. It's all about what you eat. Do you track your food intake?
  • demelza123
    demelza123 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of emphasis placed on physical activity to loose weight - of course it is a necessary to the whole process, but I will tell you that your food intake is 80% of this process. Another fact to consider if your hormonal health, if your hormones are out of wack - that can really hinder the process - have you had your thyroid checked recently? Stay the course though - don't be to hard on yourself - as another memner says - 3lbs should be celebrated. Friend me if you want.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I should add, I actually think 3 lbs/month is okay. I have my goal set to half a pound per week. You don't have a lot to lose so you should aim to go a little slower in a manageable way. If you don't already, track your food intake to see what you're eating.
  • a1richard
    a1richard Posts: 3
    Options
    Stay Positive! 3 lbs is excellent!
    I am on, and have been on medication for the past 5 years, I gained 40 lbs in 3 months, immediately after starting medication. Not much since then, but I am up 5 lbs in a week and down 6 lbs the next, then up 6 the next.....
    I am new to this website and app. 6/23/2012, but I expect that being able to easily monitor my intake of food, and some effor in exercise, the pounds will gradually dissappear.
    Good luck with your venture!
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Think of it this way thats nearly a pound a week which is about right! Id say you are on the right track,have a look at what you are eating,but I feel you are doing well!
  • gonnastayhealthy
    Options
    Thanks all.... you have given me some hope.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Losing half a pound a week is healthy, which it appears you are doing. How much do you have to lose? If it's something like 30 pounds then you're on the right track.
  • Spunky50
    Spunky50 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged!! You're doing great!! Exercise adds muscle plus a little water retention. Eat a well balanced diet, not junk, and just focus on the health aspect. Trust me it will all come together in the long run!! GREAT job!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    By your ticker, you want to lose 11 pounds, so you should be aiming for a half pound a week. So your progress is perfect.
  • bbowsa
    bbowsa Posts: 1
    Options
    Typically healthy weight loss is about a pound a week but it may very well be the type of foods you are eating. If we are eating less calories but consuming food that are high in fat and low in nutrients and protein that our bodies needs, then our body won't work the way we want it to. Try to eat as healthy as possible not just less calories.

It is even possible to eat too little amount of calories and gain weight because your body will go into survival mode and start storing fat because it doesn't know when its next food source is coming.

Definitely not accusing you of either of these things but just wanted to mention what I know in hope that this will help. Don't give up!!