Ideas for b/s chicken breasts for dinner?

Options
Hi, y'all! I have boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the fridge for dinner for the family tonight. I'm really tired of the ways I usually make them. Could you share some of your b/s chicken breasts dinner ideas? (We don't have a grill...) Thanks a lot!

Replies

• MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    If I'm feeling really lazy, I just give them a solid dusting of garlic salt & black pepper and pop 'em in the oven.

One of my favorites, if I have a little more time is this one-
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/healthy-baked-chicken-nuggets.html

Hope it helps. :)
  • damorzacon
    damorzacon Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Cut breasts into chunks, toss into a hot skillet and brown. Pour in a some teryaki or sweet and sour sauce and serve with brown rice and broccoli.

Sprinkle with Carribean jerk seasoning and bake/grill them.

Marinate them in Italian dressing.

I know we do a lot more with them, I just can't think of it right now.
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    Mix Dijon mustard with herbs de Provence (spice mix) and grill or broil.

Cut in chunks and sauté with chicken sausage and a dash of Worcestershire sauce.

Cook broccoli, carrots, onions and bell peppers in a skillet until almost tender-- add chicken pieces, sauté until veggies are tender. Add soy sauce and sriracha to taste.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    We usually have them grilled with teriyaki sauce over rice. But I also like to sear in a skillet with just a tad butter or olive oil, then add water & cover to steam them done. I sprinkle with a little grated low-fat cheddar or mexican cheese while they're hot then top with salsa and a dollop of sour cream. Yummy!!
  • PangelJ
    PangelJ Posts: 28
    Options
    I usually boil it, til the water is out.
    Boil in water with Basil and some oregano, then add either a bag of mixed peppers and have semi fajitas
    Or Put a bag of mixed veggies in with some cheese and ritz crackers makes a good casserole :)
  • melissafiola
    Options
    I like to bake mine in parchment. Put a square of parchment down, then a tablespoon of whatever sauce you like (Ive done bbq, teriyaki, mustard and other marinades), fold them into packages and bake at 350-400. They take somewhere between 20-30 minutes, and even if you overcook them, they still come out juicy and moist, flavored with whatever sauce you used.
  • rowdylibrarian
    rowdylibrarian Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Yum! Thank you all for the suggestions!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken nuggets
    Grilled chicken salad
    Barbecue Chicken Baked Potato
    Grilled chicken quesadillas
    Just grilled chicken, veggies, carb & fruit
    Spaghetti, sauce & chicken
    Chicken spaghetti
  • EmmaLB1990
    EmmaLB1990 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    There's some great ideas here!
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Someone already mentioned skinnytaste.com, but I wanted to repeat it. Lots of great ideas for chicken and everything else you can imagine.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    For my son, I make gluten-free chicken strips. I just crush up gluten-free corn flakes (they have some organic, unsweetened types out there), throw in onion/garlic powder, some sea salt and wala. for me I dip in egg first and bake them.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Cook them up in a skillet, and add them either to a spinach wrap or bread (I prefer the wrap), with provolone cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and a little basil pesto. It's amazing.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Coat chicken tenders in egg white. Dredge them in Panko with seasoning added to it and bake for about 35-40 minutes at 375F.
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    Cut a slit into each breast and stuff with spinach, sundried tomato, and goats cheese(or any cheese you like but only a small bit). use toothpicks or cooking "twine" to tie up chicken. Do a quick pan fry to brown chicken then bake off in oven
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    rinse chicken
    coat in egg wash
    dip in seasoned almond flour
    fry in coconut oil

prepare a spaghetti squash
    mix with sauce of choice

put chicken on squash, cover with more sauce and cheese.
    voila, low carb chicken parm :D
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    http://www.frenchs.com/recipe/tangy-ranch-chicken-RE1819

my children love this.

2/3 cup Ranch dressing

1/3 cup FRENCH'S® Classic Yellow® Mustard

3 tbsp. brown sugar

4 to 6 (5 oz.) boneless skinless chicken breasts

Directions:
    MIX salad dressing, mustard and sugar. Pour 1/2 cup sauce into serving bowl.

COAT chicken with remaining sauce in 3-qt. greased baking dish.

BAKE chicken at 350°F for 25 min. until cooked. Serve with reserved sauce.
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Made me think of my inside out chicken kievs.

Blitz some breadcrumbs with lots of garlic in a blender, mix with a little low fat spread or a cheese triangle & lay on top of the chicken breast & pop in the oven (I normally put it in a dish with foil over the top to stop it drying out). yum.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I love mine poached - simmer them in some chicken stock for about 20 minutes. Keeps them lovely and tender, and if you do a couple, then the cold chicken leftover is really good in salads. Plus I then use the stock to make risotto or soup.
  • nancyfem
    nancyfem Posts: 5
    Options
    wat too many calories in the garbage your cooking it with, salt, pepper..keep it moist
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    dice 1 med shallot (approximately 4 tbsp) and 2 cloves of garlic
    cut uncooked chicken breast into pieces (try to keep them close in size for even cooking)
    add 1 tsp hemp oil (or whatever oil you use) to skillet on med heat
    brown shallots (or whatever type of onion you like) and garlic
    add 2 tsp italian seasoning and stir briefly
    add chicken pieces and stir to coat in oil
    add ginger
    cook until chicken is done through
    approximately 20-25 minutes total depending on your prep time.